Advice Needed On Taking Pictures Of Bagged Cookies

Decorating By GeminiRJ Updated 28 Oct 2008 , 7:32pm by kellymarie

GeminiRJ Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 8

I found some really appropriate scrapbook paper for making tags for the merit badge cookies that I did. I bagged the cookies and wanted to get a decent picture of them, but the glare was horrible! I tried different angles, but still wasn't happy with the results. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. (I attached the best picture I could get, and it still isn't very good).
LL

7 replies
indydebi Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 6:06pm
post #2 of 8

They look good. I can see the design fine. It may be just that you see them "live" ..... but they look good in this pic.

GeminiRJ Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 6:34pm
post #3 of 8

You don't find the glare distracting? It really bugs me. Granted, it doesn't look as bad shrunk down. Maybe I'm being too critical.

cylstrial Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 6:55pm
post #4 of 8

You should PM someone who takes photo's with the plastic on and ask them how they do it.

Personally, I think the pic looks pretty good. I'm always unhappy with the pictures of my cakes as well.

Goodluck!!

Sweet-Dreams Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 7:17pm
post #5 of 8

Let me begin by admitting I'm horrible at taking pictures!

I was wondering if moving them to somewhere with natural light and then taking a picture without the flash would work?

JaLa90016 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 7:17pm
post #6 of 8

The picture looks fine. I can see the cooks and they look great. Keep up the good work!!!

GeminiRJ Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 7:21pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet-Dreams

Let me begin by admitting I'm horrible at taking pictures!

I was wondering if moving them to somewhere with natural light and then taking a picture without the flash would work?

I will have to try this next time. I was taking the cookies to work to give to a co-worker to give to his troop, so nightime was the only chance I had of getting a photo.

kellymarie Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 7:32pm
post #8 of 8

In my experience flash, and night time create the worst glare!! Try it in daytime and you will likely be pleasantly surprised!

they look great though! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%