Cactus Cake..maybe????

Decorating By alvarezmom Updated 4 Nov 2008 , 4:09pm by alvarezmom

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 5:14pm
post #1 of 7

I got an email from a lady at my kids school. SHe is interested in getting a Giant Cupcake Cake form me. It's for her mother. She is moving west. She said she wanted something "pretty" for her. She then states maybe a themed cake..cactus......Everyhting that I start to think of end up looking weird or ugly in my head. icon_mad.gif

What could I do? Please HELP!!!!

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 1:24am
post #2 of 7

Oh yes! There have been cactus cakes. Usually they are round w/added 'ribs'. The stickers/prickers are many, many, MANY tip 1 lines of royal icing applied w/tweezers! Add a lily type flower.
Google 'cactus cake' image and you will find lots of ideasicon_smile.gif

pipercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipercakes Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 1:16am
post #3 of 7

If you search the galleries for the keyword 'cactus' you'll get some round cacti that could be modified into a large cupcake cake. i suppose.

This example is a round cactus, using some of the techniques kakeladi was referring to:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=59498

jlsheik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlsheik Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 1:27am
post #4 of 7

I make one using a template I made and just carve it out of an 11x15 add some thorns and flowers your good to go!!

tlreetz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tlreetz Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 1:39am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipercakes

If you search the galleries for the keyword 'cactus' you'll get some round cacti that could be modified into a large cupcake cake. i suppose.

This example is a round cactus, using some of the techniques kakeladi was referring to:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=59498

WOW!! That is a pretty awesome cake!!

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 3:33am
post #6 of 7

If she insists on a cupcake cake.....shape them into a Saguaro Cactus with arms, Ice in green and add a blossom on top of each arm. The Saguaro usually has white flowers.

You can google a picture.

Dee in AZ (cactusland)

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 4:09pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks every one for the advice. The lady decided she wanted something more girlie for her mom. She went with the Giant Cupcake decorated with pink BC frosting and red daises..reminded me of a a Valentines cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%