Help: Chocolate Transfer As Topper

Decorating By Kim5309 Updated 29 Oct 2008 , 12:48am by Jayde

Kim5309 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim5309 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 5:06pm
post #1 of 4

I need some help with the cake I am making for DD's 5th birthday party on Sunday (Nov 2). She is having a gymnastics themed party. I have made some chocolate transfers of little girl gymnasts to put on the sides of a two-tiered cake. I want to use one of the transfers as a topper, but I'm not sure how to do it?

Some details: I made one of the CTs a mirror image of another one I did. I envisioned "glueing" them together with melted white chocolate and then sitting them on top of the cake. That way, the cake would look as nice from the back as from the front. I'm just not sure the "glueing" would work or look nice after I finished it. AND, I'm not sure how to get it to stay on top of the cake. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Kim

3 replies
stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 4

that will definitely work, i've done that before. In between each transfer, I use lollipop stick or strong wire so I have something to stick into the cake so it stands up, then I just use white chocolate to glue it together. If you page through my pics, I did a square blue and brown cake, the "griffin is 1" topper is made out of chocolate with a lollipop stick at each end and there's a three tier hexagon cake in there towards the beginning, that topper is made from chocolate too, i just made mirror images and glued them together.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 12:15am
post #3 of 4

When you try to put them together and it just doesn't look right just use one and pipe new choco on top of the back side. Add a toothpick or two OR use sucker sticks.

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 12:48am
post #4 of 4

Sucker sticks are the way to go. Just throw some of that melted chocolate down, plunk a stick halfway, throw some more chocolate, top with the other piece and let dry really well before trying to pick it up.

Just like PP said, you could use 2 sticks if you think 1 wont be enough.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%