Cake Float For A Parade???

Decorating By msauer Updated 29 Oct 2008 , 11:36am by msauer

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 4

Hey everyone....I need some creative juices from you...

Our town does a lighted Chrstmas parade every year. I am on a committee for local businesses that's announcing a wedding branding concept and have been asked to help put a float together. We can get about $500 and have two floats available for our use and I need help on how to construct a GINORMOUS wedding cake. Any ideas? (I thought about using my cupcake tower (made of foamcore), but not sure how that would hold up in the wind).

The two floats are round and attach together...one is a bit taller than the other, so we were intending on using a manequin bride and groom on one and cake on the other. See why there is an advantage to pushing the CAKE in town?

Help me, help me!!!!!

Thanks guys!

Michelle

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 1:56am
post #2 of 4

What I did one yr was to make a large styro dummy cake - it consisted of (if I remember right) 2 16" rounds side by side, then 16, 12, 10, 6 tiers on top of that. Decorated on a christmas theme. I made it on a plywood base (about 4'x8') which I placed on top of my van! icon_smile.gif A few strings of light around the base board (top of the van) and we were a floaticon_smile.gif

I kept that display in the shop for almost 2 yrs. I was decorated w/b'cream just as if it were a real cake.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 2:43am
post #3 of 4

a series gradually smaller round or square tables stacked one atop the other, with sides covered w/ corrugated cardboard or similar material will make a truly ginormous cake

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 11:36am
post #4 of 4

Thanks you two! These are EXCELLENT ideas!!!!! I'll see what we can pull together!

icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%