Cupcakes For A Cause?

Decorating By knel Updated 31 Oct 2008 , 5:38pm by jessienj

knel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knel Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 3:20pm
post #1 of 3

Is anyone doing Duncan Hines' Cupcakes for a Cause this week to raise money for children with cancer? I just found out about it, and I think it's too late for me to do anything this year, but I would like to do it next year when I have time to prepare for it. Just wondering if anyone is doing a charitable bake sale for this or if you ever have- how did it go? What did you do?

2 replies
stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 7:11pm
post #2 of 3

The NJ cake decorators club did that a week or two ago. I wasn't able to attend but they sold quite a few cupcakes, I think over 200.

jessienj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessienj Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 5:38pm
post #3 of 3

I was at the NJ cake decorators bake sale and it went really well. It was a little slow early in the day, but after breakfast and lunch we got rushed by lots of people and were able to raise over $500. We had about 7 members actually come help us out, but many more who couldn't make it donated cupcakes for the sale. It was our first time so we really didn't know what to expect or how to prepare. After doing it this first time, we now have a good idea of what the hot ticket items are. Some members brought in mini cupcakes as samplers. This was a huge hit and wonderful idea. It gave customers a chance to sample a potential cake flavor and that is how many flavors became popular. We'll definitely be doing that again. It helps if you are able to set up in an area with lots of foot traffic.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%