Quick Question.......

Decorating By Iva1976 Updated 28 Oct 2008 , 4:03pm by Iva1976

Iva1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iva1976 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 3:18pm
post #1 of 7

Hello everyone,

I just have a quick question, I have seen several cutting and serving guides on a few different sites....They seem to be different servings for the same size cakes!! icon_confused.gif I have no idea which one is accurate or maybe close. Which cutting and serving chart do you guys believe is accurate or you reccomend I use?

Thanks in advance for your responses! icon_wink.gif

Iva

6 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 3:40pm
post #2 of 7

If you're selliing the cakes or they will be cut by a caterer, then without a doubt use the Wilton charts. Why?

1) You'll make more $.
2) all caterers are trained to cut using theWilton charts anyway. So whichever chart you use, it will be cut to the Wilton chart.

If it's just for your family, then use whatever chart you want.

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 3:41pm
post #3 of 7

I use the chart from Earlenes Cakes website. It's less money in my pocket since you get less servings with her chart than with Wiltons, but I believe her servings are more realistic sizes than Wiltons.

I would rather pocket less money and have satisfied and full customers than the reverse!

You will get comments all over the place though - you will simply have to decide on your own what is best for you and your clients.

HTH
Suze

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 3:46pm
post #4 of 7

I know!! I used to ask the same question here and didn't get a very big response.

Wedding servings are smaller than party servings, and party servings are smaller than fammily servings, so it's really only a call you can make! But I use charts for guidance.

If you Google "cake serving guide" you find a ton of charts. I most closely follow this one
http://www.baking911.com/cakes/numberofservings_guide.htm
(I only pay attention to the yellow column). In case CC blocks the website, it's www.baking 911 .com/cakes/numberofservings_guide.htm

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 4:00pm
post #5 of 7

Holy Cow! They really must not like Baking 9 1 1 !

I only prefer that chart because it gives the most sizes of pans.

Iva1976 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 4:01pm
post #6 of 7

Sooo funny, those were the 2 charts I was comparing. Thank you all for your info!! icon_wink.gif

Iva

Iva1976 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 4:03pm
post #7 of 7

Got it MacsMom, Thanks!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%