How Do I Make A Sitting Spongebob???

Decorating By SOULLA13 Updated 29 Oct 2008 , 4:08pm by gr8_seamstress

SOULLA13 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 1:01pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone,

I have to start making a sitting spongebob today!!! I am ok in the actual baking a decorating part but just a bit confused as to weather it needs to be dowelled and supported half way through.

I am going to be baking 2 9x13 madiera cakes and cutting each into 3 equal parts so in total there will be 6 layers the customer wants the filling to be buttercream and strawberry jam also i will be covering the whole cake in fondant.

If it does need to be dowelled and supported how would i go about doing this? Please help asap. xxx

5 replies
SOULLA13 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 5:37pm
post #2 of 6

Malakin Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 8:24pm
post #3 of 6

Wow...let's see, are they eventually going to be approx. 9 x 4 stacked 6 high? I would dowel in at least 3 different places, all the way through the board each time. I thought about doing a sitting one and changed my mind and did a small 50/50 version sitting down on cake for back support. I would also do the supports with one towards upper left corner, in approx. 2", one towards middle bottom, and the other toward right corner, each in approx. 2". They will play against each other instead of being in a straight line across the middle of the cake. It may help.

gr8_seamstress Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 5:18am
post #4 of 6

I made a sitting spongbob, He was sitting on paisley shaped cake. Yes I did dowl him all the way through to bottom cake board. You can see it in my photos

SOULLA13 Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 7:14am
post #5 of 6

there isnt a spongebob in your photos

gr8_seamstress Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 4:08pm
post #6 of 6

really? I will have to look. I was sure I posted him. Sorry if it isn't. I will remedy asap. Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%