Help Witch Fingernails

Decorating By cocochanel Updated 29 Oct 2008 , 2:53am by cocochanel

cocochanel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocochanel Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 12:46pm
post #1 of 7

Hello, does anyone have any other suggestions on making fingernails for the witch no fail sugar cookies. I was told no nuts. Thank you

6 replies
scootinby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scootinby Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 6:10pm
post #2 of 7

Take color icing whichever color you prefer (black looks good) and squeeze small amount where you want the nail then place a almond sliver on top and press down so that the icing comes out a little around the nail bed and sides, it looks great as it looks gross! Very easy, you may just have to play with the amount of icing you want to ooz around nail!

Karenelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karenelli Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 6:20pm
post #3 of 7

Coco, Can you tell me what recipe you use for your finger cookies? I really want to make some for the patients at work. Is is just a simple sugar cookie recipe????

Karenelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karenelli Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 6:21pm
post #4 of 7

Coco, Can you tell me what recipe you use for your finger cookies? I really want to make some for the patients at work. Is is just a simple sugar cookie recipe????

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 6:35pm
post #5 of 7

If you can't use nuts, try this, take a candy corn and slice it in half the long way so you have two long, wide pieces with one flat side. Then press it on the end of the finger flat side down (wide end toward the finger obviously) the way you'd have done the nut. Then, you can use food dye to 'paint' the nails, or leave them tri-colored for a festive look!

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 6:38pm
post #6 of 7

How about if you just roll out gumpaste really thin and cut out finger nail shape (oval). You can even use you ball fondant tool to thin out the edge alittle, and dust the edges with a little peach coloring...

cocochanel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocochanel Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 2:53am
post #7 of 7

Thank you all.I ended up using melted tosstie rolls and shaped them in a nail form. They turned out great! Thanks again for all your help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%