Is There Any Great Ideas Out There?

Decorating By hwnhulahands Updated 28 Oct 2008 , 6:48pm by hwnhulahands

hwnhulahands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hwnhulahands Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 2:06am
post #1 of 8

I don't know if any of you have paid much attention to my past posts but I recently did one on why I don't get any business. Well, this past saturday I went to a craft fair and a lady was there doing a banquet set-up booth. She sets up banquets and the like. I bravely approached her and asked if she gets alot of requests for cakes. She gladly said that she does and asked if I do cakes. i told her that I do and gave her my business card. She said that she already has someone that does her cakes but they have been looking for a backup because the lady she already has is always booked. Another plus, I live close to this banquet lady. She asked if I do samples and told her my "rules" on samples. I do want to make a simple cake for her to see my work and taste my cakes. I am gonna do a 2-tier 6" and 8" round. I want to do all white fondant but don't know a design yet. Is there anyone that has a great idea for this type of small wedding cake? I want it to be simple but yet very impressive. I want to become their main cake person and do lots of business with them. Any ideas?

7 replies
Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 2:12am
post #2 of 8

I saw a practice cake once that showed diff. styles of piping in separate sections on a cake but still looked very pretty, that way she can see everything you do, from drapped fondant to fondant roses, scroll work, etc. icon_smile.gif Hope this helps a lil.

Chippi icon_smile.gif in the making!

hwnhulahands Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 2:37am
post #3 of 8

Do you have a picture or a link so I can see what the cake looks like?

Chippi Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 2:44am
post #4 of 8

Yea I had it saved here it is......

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1265156
super job BlakesCakes!

Chippi Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 2:46am
post #5 of 8

Oops.....if you check out BlakesCakes they have more images of this same cake with diff. sides. Hope this helps get you going icon_smile.gif

hwnhulahands Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 3:14am
post #6 of 8

That is pretty and such great detail. thanks. BTW, how was all the detail done?

Chippi Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 3:46am
post #7 of 8

PM BlakesCakes and see if they can fill you in on that icon_smile.gif good luck to you

hwnhulahands Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 6:48pm
post #8 of 8

Anyone else with any other ideas?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%