Need Help With Color Flow!

Baking By hpotter83 Updated 29 Oct 2008 , 9:58pm by Kim_in_CajunCountry

hpotter83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hpotter83 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 1:10am
post #1 of 6

Hi, I have made the color flow exactly how wilton told me to, but I just end up with a big glob of dough!

I tried watering it down, watered it down too much. Tried adding more (and more, and more) sugar and color flow and NOTHING! Just a big soupy mess.

How can I make this properly?? icon_cry.gif

5 replies
Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 12:36am
post #2 of 6

OK. Just saw your post in the Cake Decorating forum. I'll try to help you out. icon_biggrin.gif

First, please reply with the recipe you are using so I can compare it to mine. And we'll go from there.

hpotter83 Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 3:37am
post #3 of 6

I'm using 4 cups of 10X sugar, 1/4 cup plus the extra teaspoon and then 2 tablespoons of the color flow....I have to mix by hand though, I don't have a electric or hand mixer.

Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 11:17am
post #4 of 6

I'm afraid that mixing by hand may be the problem. Sometimes an electric mixer is necessary. In the case of Color Flow and royal icing, you must mix them with an electric mixer for the specified amount of time. You don't have to have a $300 KitchenAid. You can get a handheld for around $10 at WalMart.

If you get one and still have issues, we'll go from there. And of course, if I'm wrong, someone around here will let us know! icon_biggrin.gif

hpotter83 Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 7:51pm
post #5 of 6

I just got home from buying a hand mixer....I hope this works!!

Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 9:58pm
post #6 of 6

It's 5:00 here and I'm leaving work. I'll check again when I get home in case you have good news! By the way, you may have to mix a little longer with a hand mixer, but it should definitely work. I've read posts from CC'rs who have never owned anything but a hand mixer.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%