How Do I Cut Out Cake Shapes With A Circl Cutter?

Decorating By Bossy Updated 28 Oct 2008 , 1:39am by Bossy

Bossy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bossy Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 11:23pm
post #1 of 4

I just took the cake out of the oven a little while ago. Now I need to cut 6, 4" circles using a round cutter that I bought last week. Do I wait until the cake is totally cooled down, should I freeze before cutting? I'm so worried I'll just have cake globs, insted of the clean cylindars, which I still will have to cut in half to get the 12 I need for my little Japanese hand drum mini cakes!!!! Please, please share your tips to do this successfully.

Thanks

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 11:32pm
post #2 of 4

It might be harder to push the cutters thru fzn cake but in the long run I think that would be best - less crumbs; less chance of it breaking. Maybe fz just an hr or so till it's *very* cold but not fzn hard.

Bossy Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 11:49pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much! I just get these ideas, but do not have the experience yet to get em done. I could not find any straight sided, mini, multi rounds pans at the cake supply store. Of course they had square ones, LOL!

Bossy Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 1:39am
post #4 of 4

Thanks again kakeladi! I just took the cake out of the freezer and it cut perfetly. I put those puppies back in when I was done so they will be easy to handle when I cover them with fondant!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%