I Love, Love, Love My New "beater Blade"!!

Decorating By grammynan Updated 30 Oct 2008 , 1:09am by SeriousCakes

grammynan Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 10:58pm
post #1 of 21

Seriouscakes, thank you for the Youtube video of the New Metro Design Beater Blade. I ordered one from www.cutleryandmore.com and it came in 3 days! Everything I mix comes out so smooth and without those nasty air holes!! And believe it or not, no more scraping down the sides of the bowl!! And no more accumulation in the bottom of the bowl!! This is definitely one of the best things I've bought for my cake baking! Everyone should get one!!

20 replies
trishalynn0708 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 11:05pm
post #2 of 21

I don't have a beater blade. But I just wanted to comment on SeriousCakes YouTube videos.. How awesome are they? I LOVE them. Her yellow cake recipe is to die for. And I love the taste of her frosting!! Her flowers are beautiful and I love her videos!!

SeriousCakes Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 12:43am
post #3 of 21

Awesome!! I'm so glad you like it! I used it for cookies yesterday, very very nice thumbs_up.gif
And trishalynn-you are such a sweetie! Thank you!!

thin4life Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 12:48am
post #4 of 21

I got the beater blade a couple of months ago and absolutely love it. I got mine on amazon.com and paid $29.95 with free shipping.

christeena Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 2:12am
post #5 of 21

What is this beater blade?? Can someone post a pic??

SeriousCakes Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 2:13am
post #6 of 21

Here ya go thumbs_up.gif

Auryn Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 11:51am
post #7 of 21

i just saw the video
awesome as always
thanks serious cakes

christeena Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 5:41pm
post #8 of 21

I have dial-up (slow as a snail) and youtube takes about an hour to load! Can someone post a pic? Or a link to a pic? Thanks!

ERdocmom Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 5:53pm
post #9 of 21

I just saw them in a cooking magazine and can't wait to order mine! If you go to Kitchen Aid, you should be able to find them.

SeriousCakes Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 7:11pm
post #10 of 21
christeena Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 8:17pm
post #11 of 21

Thanks! Got mine ordered from Amazon! Can't wait to try it!

GipsyGourmet Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 9:04pm
post #12 of 21

What about buttercream icing, does it take the air out of the icing???

DsLady614 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 10:37pm
post #13 of 21

Ok... that's my question too. The last couple batches of BC I've made have had a LOT of air in them and I can't figure out why. Would the beater blade help??

SeriousCakes Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 11:35pm
post #14 of 21

I am still testing it for that, I won't have any cake orders until January so I have plenty of time for messing around with it icon_biggrin.gif

DsLady614 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 11:41pm
post #15 of 21

I'm pretty frustrated with the air thing right now. My last icing was VERY bubbly. I can't see making a huge batch like they suggest to keep it over the paddle... but I guess maybe that's my only choice?

LSW Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 11:56pm
post #16 of 21

I bought one off amazon.com a few months ago and don't know how I ever lived without it! It's definitely worth every penny, my icing comes out so smooth, no need to scrape the bowl, it does it for you. I don't have any air bubbles or lumps. A great item to add to your Christmas list!!!!

SeriousCakes Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 1:13am
post #17 of 21

That's one of the things I did notice about my bc, it was a lot smoother and I didn't get any of those little 'beads' of sugar clogging my tips. I had *some* air bubbles in my bc but I had no trouble smoothing them out. You can kinda see towards the end of my last video how smooth my cake was icon_wink.gif

banba Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 1:28am
post #18 of 21

I am confused icon_confused.gif

What do people normally use to beat things in their mixers?

We get three blades with all our mixers as standard, a ballon whisk attachment, a beater blade (k beater) and a dough hook.

Do you all normally just use the whisk attachment? We only use the whisk attachment for whipping cream, egg whites and making sponges, most everything else is done with the k beater.

Maybe that's why people get all the air bubbles in their buttercreams, wrong attachment!

So is that why the buttercream recipes are for such large amounts in order to cover the whisk attachment?

Do you not get these attachments when you buy your mixers?

SeriousCakes Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 1:39am
post #19 of 21

I'm assuming everyone asking is doing the same as me, using the BLADE attachment, not the whisk. The purpose behind the larger recipe is to completely cover the blade beater, that locks out the air (I don't do it like this but a lot of people on here do). I get the same effect when I let my mixer run longer, it kind of deflates the buttercream and the air bubbles disappear. The question is can the beater blade do the same thing? I'll be checking it out....

Rocketgirl899 Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 5:13pm
post #20 of 21

I would love this for BC!!! I think I'm going to buy it, looks so awesome. Problem is I already cashed in on my bday and xmas presents from my parents.. (airbrush gun and compressor, and sugarchack DVDs..) and im a student with no job... lol.

Maybe I can use part of the money form a wedding cake order to buy it icon_smile.gif

hehe. Thanks for the video!

SeriousCakes Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 1:09am
post #21 of 21

icon_wink.gif No problem thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%