Chefmaster & Americolor Gels

Decorating By dandelion56602 Updated 29 Oct 2008 , 7:27pm by tiggy2

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 10:56pm
post #1 of 4

I'm needing to purchase some new colors & am wanting to try Chefmaster. Have any of you used their liqua gels & how did you like them? I've also wondered about Americolors b/c I've noticed in past posts that a lot of you guys use them. I'm really tired of the little jars b/c they seem to become too messy & that crappy little seal on top never comes off completely. I've tried to go to chefmaster's site to see a list of colors they offer but their links in the site aren't working.

If you have purchased where did you purchase & do you have a suggestion on a good pink. I hate mauve & that seems like that & pepto pink are all I can get w/ wilton & ck colors. Then my purple (if I make it pastel) always seems to turn to a bad shade of grey.

3 replies
stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 1:46am
post #2 of 4

i have chefmaster colors, the regular color set and the candy colors and I love them. i purchased them about 2 years ago though so I don't remember where I got them but I think it was directly from them. I did recently just purchase the americolor electric colors and they are so cool. It takes alot less color than the chefmasters to achieve the desired color. I'm not sure if thats because they are electric or if americolor is stronger but both work nicely. I got the electric colors from fondant source. com. I'm not sure if that link will work so if you need it, just PM me. As for pink, I've been able to get a nice pink from the electric pink by americolor. it's very strong. And the purple from chefmaster is fantastic. I can get a true purple with no trouble at all.

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 4:03am
post #3 of 4

I may get some of both brands & see how they do. Since I'm only needing to restock some basic colors (red, brown, black, etc) and wanting to try another pink--I have so many different shades--I'll try to find somewhere that has what I want & mix it up.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 7:27pm
post #4 of 4

I only use chefmaster colors now that I have tried them. I find it takes a lot less of them then any of the other brands and you don't have to let it set to intesify. You can get red and black instantly without the bad taste.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%