Unhappy Bride

Decorating By tyandton Updated 25 Jan 2009 , 5:40pm by Juds2323

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 11:08pm
post #61 of 78

FlowerGirlMN--
Add my name to the poster list. Let me know where and when to send money.

Can't let a good idea like this one get away!

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 11:31pm
post #62 of 78

Is there anyway someone could download it directly to CC? I cannot get it to open... thanks!

todolomio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
todolomio Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 11:58pm
post #63 of 78

Truth be told that when an artist (no matter what they do) gets busy or carried away we forget the tedious parts of Business Management. That's why I "CMA" with emails or simple addendums to the contract. And if by any chance the person phones in a change I chute them an email saying: As per ou conversation today or As per our conversation on January 3th your cake order for January 10th for 40 people will have the following changes.... [i]After including all the details I place a disclaimer in the bottom of the page in a square text box with the following: The information above is for sole use of Ms. Complain A Lot, if for any reason you have received this email in error please accept our apologies and delete this email. However, if the email has been received by our client (Ms. Complain A Lot) changes as per your request have been received. If you have not requested such changes you must communicate with us within the next 24 hours otherwise you are accepting the changes to be true and final.

Good look to you I'm sure you will be fine.

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 11:59pm
post #64 of 78

I love it. Maybe you should put a price on each one. What the first stone piece would sell for.....and the statue of David. What a paint by number painting would be worth...and the Van Gogh. A WalMart cake....and a pro decorator cake.

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 12:15am
post #65 of 78

Indydebi is right it's from this how to article http://weddings.about.com/od/weddingcakesfoodmenus/ss/decoweddingcake_10.htm . I would never take a picture from this site. Heck I'd probably have to pick a early one of mine. LOL Plus I would never intentionally hurt someones feelings like that. That article is crazy which is why I chose it. I have never heard of anyone final coating a cake after it's assembled among other things. The poster was something I just threw together - cuz I love to play on the computer and loved the concept.

Judi

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 12:28am
post #66 of 78

Oh, my. I didn't realize that cake came from an article advising people how to make their own cakes. She must have been an intern for Sandra Lee. icon_biggrin.gif

I just sent that in to Jen at Cakewrecks. Surely that qualifies!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 1:03am
post #67 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by todolomio

That's why I "CMA" with emails or simple addendums to the contract. ..... After including all the details I place a disclaimer in the bottom of the page in a square text box with the following: .......

Fabulous post!! thumbs_up.gif

I was one that hated contracts more than one page long, but as I've come to find out, the dumber the public, the longer the contract has to be. I had one FOB complain because I didnt' fold up and put away tables. First, I am LONG GONE by the time the event is over. Second, I am not a cleaning service or a maintenance crew. They did not pay me to provide a maintenance crew. But because of this incident, I had to add a clause to my Terms document stating that "I am not a cleaning service......" icon_confused.gif

I do buffet catering. That means you walk down the buffet table and fill your plate with whatever you want. I've had people be surprised and upset that they weren't being served "cafeteria style" .... my staff standing behind the table, filling the plate and handing it to them. So because some people don't understand "buffet catering", I had to add a clause to the contract explaining exactly HOW they will get their food on their plate. icon_confused.gif

Luv your email footnote, too!! thumbs_up.gif

FlowerGirlMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlowerGirlMN Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 6:11am
post #68 of 78

See, I'd be a total bitch about it and use a picture of MY wedding cake, that I got stuck with, as a result of the nasty kickback deals courtesy of the Local Cake Mafia.

Tuf boards showing and all. As a reminder, see attached photo.

Too bad pictures can't convey freezer burn taste.
LL
LL

todolomio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
todolomio Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 11:21pm
post #69 of 78

[quote="Juds2323"]OK. Here is poster version 2. With a debi pic. Now everyone can be satisfied.

Judi[/quote

this is sooooooooo...cool....... icon_biggrin.gif

lutie Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 6:42pm
post #70 of 78

... Getting you all back to my query, "Could someone download the pdf file of the cute poster to CC? I cannot open it!"

Thanks, everyone!

lutie Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 6:44pm
post #71 of 78

... Getting you all back to my query, "Could someone download the pdf file of the cute poster to CC? I cannot open it!"

Thanks, everyone!

lutie Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 6:46pm
post #72 of 78

Thanks, everyone!

Wing-Ding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wing-Ding Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 9:12pm
post #73 of 78

I would have charged her more for the cake, no matter how plain it was!

kalida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kalida Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 12:08am
post #74 of 78

Everyone wanna be a bridezilla lately huh. PlEaSe!!!!!

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 12:22am
post #75 of 78

What happened with the BBB?

Cake4ever Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake4ever Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 9:25am
post #76 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmaucher

Is it just me, but are customers watching too much Duff and cake challenges, wanting high end cakes for "walmart prices". Food Network should start posting general prices of each cake shown, "And this cake would cost you!!" at the end of each episode icon_twisted.gif . Then maybe once the cheapies see what the cake cost, they will leave us alone and be happy with walmart.

God, this is SO true!!! I get photos all the time from women who want to have a birthday cake for thier kid and they want to pay 20 dollars for it. I asked them "do you know how much time it takes to make all those gum paste cars and trucks or bows and animals??"

AGREE! I describe it as "Their eyes have seen the glory (on Ace of Cakes) but their brains haven't caught up (still thinking walmart price)."

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvarezmom

mpaucher---I totally agree with you! Some ppl will always have the frame of mind....cake=flour, eggs sugar, water/milk=$6.00 So the cost of cake should me around $10 including your labor. LOL

Hubby has a GREAT idea to battle this! We're going to put it together, I swear we are, and I'm hanging it in the shop!!

Picture of a rock .... picture of the statue of David. Sub heading? "Both made from the same ingredients."

Picture of a paint by number .... picture of a Picasso. Sub heading? "Both made from the same ingredients."

Picture of the ugliest cake in the world (butter knife iced, grocery store candy letters) .... picture of a Sylvia Weinstock cake. Sub heading? "both made from the same ingredients."

Headline at the top of the page? "YES .... THERE IS A DIFFERENCE!"

OMG, I was cracking up at this image!! Oh yes, please do post the results of this. I think the cake you should use for the "bad cake" should be the one written out wrong from the grocery store. You know, that email that went around a while back with the "quote" on it?? icon_lol.gif

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 11:31am
post #77 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsMom

Seriously, we should all pitch in and pay indydebi weekly for the fabulous advice she doles out regularly... thumbs_up.gif

The widsom of Indydebi (and others on here), you can't put a price on! Worth more than gold they are! I, for one, am very grateful to all of them.

As far as the cake, I agree with the others. A nicely worded letter outlining your correspondence with the bride should do the trick.

Have a great day!

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 5:40pm
post #78 of 78

I finally figured out how to change it to a jpg. so here it is so all can see...
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%