Question On Making Indybebys Buttercream

Decorating By bostonterrierlady Updated 28 Oct 2008 , 12:08pm by Kay_NL

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 5

I just made one batch. It did not turn out so great. Taste good but is it just me or does it have a off white color to it. I want really white. Ued the Crisco and it has some air bubbles. I tried it with a spatula and it still has them. Any ideas?

4 replies
Tiababe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiababe Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 12:02am
post #2 of 5

I would suggest a PM to indydebi....she would be the best one to ask.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 2:53am
post #3 of 5

Are you using clear or regular vanilla extract? That's the only thing I can think of that would not give you the pure white color. It does call for quite a bit of vanilla, so if you want it to be pure white you need to use the clear vanilla.

OhioBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhioBaker Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 11:58am
post #4 of 5

I only use Indydebi's recipe and I love it and so does everyone else who's tried it. I never have problems with air bubbles either. So, I'm not sure what happened there.

As for the vanilla, I use clear vanilla and it appears to be white to me.

HTH

Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 12:08pm
post #5 of 5

This is all I use as well and love it! I use shortening and clear vanilla. Dream whip does have a very very slight off white color, but it's certainly white enough for me! icon_smile.gif

As for the air bubbles, did you over beat it? You have to be careful with a mixer since if you beat it too much, air bubbles get in through the mixing paddle. I start by combining all the ingredients by hand. I always mix a double batch so that my paddle is completely buried in the icing, I hardly get any air bubbles this way!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%