Rice Krispie Treats

Decorating By kalamagal Updated 28 Oct 2008 , 1:09am by alidpayne

kalamagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kalamagal Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 9:18pm
post #1 of 3

I have made RKT in the past and although wonderful to eat I thought the whole process was kind of overwhelming - melting, mixing, putting in the pan etc. When I see on CC that molded shapes and even cakes being made with it I am wondering how?
Do you mix up a batch and mold what you need and then what? Doesn't it get hard? How many batches would you possibly have to make to do a cake? (There is a pic of a cakes - more than one - that someone made for a wedding). I just cant seem to grasp it. I have some ideas for shaping some myself.
I won't say this is a dumb question - I love you folks that say nothing is too dumb ask but would appreciate any insight.
Thanks

2 replies
luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 12:42am
post #2 of 3

You can half the recipe and make a smaller amount, or you can make a whole batch and then just put the extra in a smaller pan for your family to eat. I molded my Elmo with RKT, and found it too soft. I have since read that when making it to mold don't use the butter (might not be ideal to eat the leftovers though). Also, it is suggested you put it in the fridge to harden.

Oh, and don't forget, you can make RKT by melting your marshmallows in the microwave like you do for mmf.

Good luck.

alidpayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alidpayne Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 1:09am
post #3 of 3

I just dump marshmallows & butter in a bowl, microwave it till the marshmallows melt, stir it till it is smooth, then dump in the krispies, stir it till they are evenly coated, then dump it into the pan. I crisco the pan before I dump the treats in. Wait about 5 min. for them to start to cool. Then I put on gloves, grease my hands up with crisco and press the treats into the pan very firmly. About 45 min later I run a knife around the edge of the pan and dump the whole thing out. Perfect "Cake" made of treats.

If I need firmer treats for sculpting I use half the butter and crush the krispies up some before adding them to mix. It makes for a denser treat. I have never had good results leaving all the butter out or crushing the krispies completely.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%