I'm So P***d Right Now!/update On Thread!

Decorating By MissRobin Updated 29 Oct 2008 , 4:24pm by Melvira

MissRobin Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 2:32pm
post #1 of 48

I don't know if any of you remember when I originally posted about this! This was the thread that I was venting because the MOB sent me a nasty email about my price I was charging for wedding cake, and they had decided to go with someone cheaper, and my cousin, mother of the groom had asked me to do the groom's cake! Well, the wedding was this weekend and I did do the groom's cake and I attended the wedding! Needless to say, MOB, got what she paid for on the wedding cake! Here is a pic of my grooms cake, little crazy but the groom loved it , he is a big spiderman fan!! TFL!
LL

47 replies
lardbutt Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 2:36pm
post #2 of 48

I really like your cake! No picture of the wedding cake to share? icon_twisted.gif

-K8memphis Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 2:43pm
post #3 of 48

That rocks! Big time.

stephaniescakenj Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 2:47pm
post #4 of 48

It's awesome. I love that it's formal and elegant but still so fun! Great Job. Did you get a pic of the wedding cake? I also am dying to see it. I just love it when people think they can get a better deal and then they get what they paid for. I'm so cynical! icon_twisted.gif

kjt Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 2:48pm
post #5 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessyBaker

No picture of the wedding cake to share? icon_twisted.gif

OOOOh, I'm so glad somebody else asked this!!! Your cake is so cute, I bet the groom WAS thrilled thumbs_up.gif

pmaucher Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 2:48pm
post #6 of 48

Your cake looks amazing. How mad was the MOB after seeing your cake, then what she bought. That is a perfect "stick it to her" scenario. thumbs_up.gif

MacsMom Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 2:49pm
post #7 of 48

I read your thread icon_wink.gif

Way to go!! Your grooms cake is nothing short of spectacular!

And I'm sure some of the people who attended the wedding have found out her mistake. Touche!

zubia Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 2:50pm
post #8 of 48

Love your cake .What a cool idea.

tanyascakes Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 2:51pm
post #9 of 48

I love your cake. It is elegant fun!!! I wish there was a pic of the wedding cake too.Or maybe if you have a pic of the MOB's scrunched up face from when she saw it!! LOL

kbw5780 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 2:58pm
post #10 of 48

Your cake is awesome and I would love to see the bride's cake....I bet MOB regretted taking the cheaper way out....

step0nmi Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 3:00pm
post #11 of 48

wow! that rocks! thumbs_up.gif I've never seen anything like it!

yes..I would like to see the wedding cake too icon_twisted.gif

mom2spunkynbug Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 3:08pm
post #12 of 48

Your cake is AMAZING!! I would never have thought of something as perfect as that!!!

I too would love to see the wedding cake! icon_twisted.gif

MissRobin Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 3:20pm
post #13 of 48

Thanks everyone for all of your support!! Needless to say, the MOB was really strange, my cousin, MOG, introduced me to her at the reception and told her I made the grooms cake, she didn't say a word about the cake. I do have pics of the wedding cake, I feel a little strange posting them! My cousin emailed me yesterday, thanking me again for the cake and telling me how much her son loved it! She then told me that later that evening she asked the MOB if she had some wedding cake and she said "NO", your cake was too good.

Win Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 3:23pm
post #14 of 48

It would be kind of ironic if the maker of the wedding cake was a closet cc'er and saw this post and realized it was all the same wedding! icon_lol.gif I think (JMHO) I'd refrain from posting a picture of the wedding cake.

Win Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 3:24pm
post #15 of 48

Oops... never mind!
edited for spelling

michellenj Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 3:26pm
post #16 of 48

Your cake is awesome. The talent and creativity on this site never ceases to amaze me.

stephaniescakenj Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 3:28pm
post #17 of 48

well I would just die if the maker of this cake was a member of CC but overall it's an interesting design, certainly nowhere near your ability though. and funny that the MOB mentioned attention to detail since clearly that wasn't a factor here. You have an amazing talent. it's a shame they didn't realize beforehand.

jillmakescakes Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 3:31pm
post #18 of 48

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS GROOM'S CAKE!!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

I saved it (is that ok? icon_lol.gif )so I can offer this idea to brides-- you can incorporate SO MANY things into it!! I just love it!!!

I decided to name the file "SpideyGroom"

I totally feel you when it comes to wedding cake for family- I just did my SIL cake this weekend, very colorful red yellow and orange. My grandFIL told my DH that it looked like a big birthday cake. DH explained that the bride chose the design and grandFIL just rolled his eyes and said "I thought wedding cakes were white". icon_biggrin.gif

abruntz Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 3:31pm
post #19 of 48

Boy what a hairy situation! I am sure the person who made the cake kinda felt weird too once reading all of this. MOB's can be so nasty!! I just did a tasting with a bride this weekend and the MOB just sat there hardly smiled or said anything I thought to myself Well this is a waste of time . I am sure she thinks this is not going to work for her daughter but whatever I think that then the bride ends up calling me back LOL

disneynutbsv Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 3:33pm
post #20 of 48

Not sure what was wrong with the other cake?? It looked nice to me icon_confused.gif

disneynutbsv Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 3:36pm
post #21 of 48

ok, I see the ribbon was kind of wonky and it was a bit pitted in place (i'm guilty of that myself), but the one of it far away looked niceicon_smile.gif

MissRobin Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 3:36pm
post #22 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Win

It would be kind of ironic if the maker of the wedding cake was a closet cc'er and saw this post and realized it was all the same wedding! icon_lol.gif I think (JMHO) I'd refrain from posting a picture of the wedding cake.

That is why I feel really strange about posting pic. Let me just say this, I am in no way slamming the decorator of this cake, I am definitely not a professional and I am definintely not the greatest of decorator's but it was just so frustrating how arrogant that lady was when she told me my attention to detail was not apparent in the pics had sent. Speaking of attention to detail, the wedding started an hour late, and was the most unorganized mess I have ever seen. Let me just say, I think the wedding cake was very nice and whoever did it should be proud of what they did.

disneynutbsv Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 3:38pm
post #23 of 48

Oh and my 3rd post in this thread, lol...
I LOVE your Spidey Groom cake!!! It looks amazing!!! Plus with chocolate covered strawberries, mmmmmmm.

Susie53 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 3:45pm
post #24 of 48

MissRobin, your groom's cake is totally awesome! I too would love to see the wedding cake.

lapazlady Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 3:47pm
post #25 of 48

Great design. One of the more striking cakes I've seen.

Win Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 3:53pm
post #26 of 48

MissRobin wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

That is why I feel really strange about posting pic. Let me just say this, I am in no way slamming the decorator of this cake, I am definitely not a professional and I am definintely not the greatest of decorator's but it was just so frustrating how arrogant that lady was when she told me my attention to detail was not apparent in the pics had sent. Speaking of attention to detail, the wedding started an hour late, and was the most unorganized mess I have ever seen. Let me just say, I think the wedding cake was very nice and whoever did it should be proud of what they did.

I think removing the wedding cake picture was a classy move, MissRobin. Needless to say, it wasn't the maker of the wedding cake's fault that the MOB decided to pass on your creation and you would not want that person thinking anything other than your statement above. Your cakes are beautiful (I find it hard to understand why the MOB stated that you lack attention to detail as all your cakes are detailed beautifully.)

7yyrt Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 4:00pm
post #27 of 48

I didn't see the wedding cake, but I applaud your removing it.

It sounds as though the maker gave her what she paid for, not that it was a bad cake. A 3-tiered $50 cake is not as nice as a 3-tiered $500 cake, even from the same baker.

Love your Spiderman groom's cake!

Melvira Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 4:00pm
post #28 of 48

Definitely a good idea to remove the pic, but I'm glad I got to see it. icon_wink.gif I love your groom's cake! It's elegant but hip. You took something that could've been goofy and made it totally classy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmakescakes

I saved it (is that ok? icon_lol.gif )so I can offer this idea to brides-- you can incorporate SO MANY things into it!! I just love it!!!

I wanted to offer an idea on this... I also save cakes to my computer for future reference sometimes, if there is just something about it that I love! The best way I have found to do this is to save it with the creators screenname and a number. That way, if I use it as inspiration I know who to credit! For example if I saved this cake I would call it MissRobin1. Then, in the future if I wanted to save another of her creations, it would be MissRobin2 and so forth. I have found this to be an excellent way to insure you always know who to thank when necessary!

step0nmi Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 4:04pm
post #29 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Definitely a good idea to remove the pic, but I'm glad I got to see it. icon_wink.gif I love your groom's cake! It's elegant but hip. You took something that could've been goofy and made it totally classy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmakescakes

I wanted to offer an idea on this... I also save cakes to my computer for future reference sometimes, if there is just something about it that I love! The best way I have found to do this is to save it with the creators screenname and a number. That way, if I use it as inspiration I know who to credit! For example if I saved this cake I would call it MissRobin1. Then, in the future if I wanted to save another of her creations, it would be MissRobin2 and so forth. I have found this to be an excellent way to insure you always know who to thank when necessary!

i did NOT get to see the wedding cake pic icon_cry.gif but it was probably a good idea to take it off thumbs_up.gif

MELVIRA! I do the same thing too!!! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

Win Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 4:04pm
post #30 of 48

Melvira, LOVE, love, love your idea for saving pics! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%