Huffy Client....need Your Opinions....

Decorating By jlsheik Updated 29 Oct 2008 , 3:05am by Denise

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 2:55am
post #31 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsheik

...Now...I talked with my daughter and she said MOTHER cancel that woman and never talk to her again!! She also commented that I should grow balls or something to that effect, she is 22 so it was a colorful retort!! lol I will you posted!!
Laura

The kidlette's right.
I mean if you are having a bad day, you certainly might snap once. But to foment that nasty attitude and spread it around on to people who are doing a favor for thier sick mother not to mention going out of their way for you yourself -- what the heck is that about? It's senseless abuse.

Over a baby shower cake? You getting the irony here? Let's celebrate our friend's new child with a party and gifts and make merry but in the meantime I'm gonna chew this other lady's kids a new one...just because.

no
way

tonia3604 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonia3604 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 3:46am
post #32 of 37

OK, I've read all the way through this. When I first started reading my immediate reaction was to let the woman know in no uncertain terms that you would not do the second cake due to her rudeness(especially since your daughters were involved)....And then I read the first post that mentioned maybe the woman was stressed out and was having a bad day. I must admit, I have been guilty of this myself. It doesn't make it acceptable, however, you have no way of knowing what may have been going on in her life that day. She may even feel really bad about it. I think you have handled it well by calling to apologize yourself, and feel out the situation. If she calls you back and maintains her rude disposition I would cut her loose, but who knows maybe she will return the apology.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 9:17am
post #33 of 37

Biotches eat cake too. They just pay more. icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 9:28am
post #34 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

Mike

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Too funny! Maybe she was in need of a "cake fix".

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 4:08pm
post #35 of 37

This woman was incredibly rude to your adult daughter. Your daughter has asked you not to take the order based on she was treated. While I agree, maybe the client was having a bad day or whatever, I wonder how your dd is going to feel if you go ahead with the second order.

My suggestion would be to give the woman a chance to apologize. If she does, great, but she picks up the next order. If she doesn't (or doesn't feel the need to apologize) cancel the order.

jlsheik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlsheik Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 6:23pm
post #36 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

Mike

Oh....my!! That is toooo funny. I'm glad I talked to you all about this, just for that reply in it's self, it gave me a smile!!
But still no reply to my nice phone call....but I bet she calls me next week about the next cake...we will see what her dispostion is then!
Laura

Denise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denise Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 3:05am
post #37 of 37

Just thought I would put in my 2 cents:

icon_confused.gif No cake for her.

So sorry - I don't do rude. If a customer of mine told me "it better be" I can guarentee it would be the LAST cake they got from me - especially if it wasn't late in the first place. On top of that - being rude and ugly to one of my kids who did me a favor to deliver it? No way...no how would she EVER get cake from me again unless...

she apologized profusedly and said that

1. the sky fell on her that day
2. that person on the phone and at the door was her evil twin
3. she was possessed

I do not need anyone's business bad enough to put up with rudeness like that and I don't care what kind of day she had. That is just a flimsy excuse people use to cover up their appalling manners.

If she called about the other cake I would just simply tell her that I was unavailable to make a cake for her at that time. I would not elaborate either - it would be irrelevant at that point - I would just be busy anytime she called.

I try to always be polite and respectful when I am dealing with people. I have done customer service for years and had my share of blasting by people who thought it was ok to be rude because "they are the customer". So sorry...they don't.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%