Can someone please tell me why my chocolate transfers have white patches on them after the chocolate has cooled? I'm melting the chocolate, then pouring it over the transfer sheet, let it cool just a bit and then I wrap my cake, place it in the fridge for about 10-20 minutes then remove the sheet. I've noticed the white spots on the chocolate sometimes even before I refrigerate. Could I be getting my chocolate too hot maybe?
Are you using real chocolate or melts?
If you're using real chocolate it needs tempered before it can be used.
I'm using Wilton's chocolate melts
Please help with any advice.
I'd guess that you're either heating it too much or your candy is old.
For melting candy I use the microwave at half power and melt in short bursts, stirring between.
Maybe it's old candy because I also heat in the microwave in 30 sec increments. Thanks