Stamp, Punch, Dye What The Heck Is It Called? Help!

Decorating By rubensavannah Updated 27 Oct 2008 , 6:52am by all4cake

rubensavannah Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 6:03am
post #1 of 6

The is a fondant tool that I saw on a Disney Wedding program a really long time ago that was a long metal stamp. It was in the shape of a Mickey Mouse head, and the decorator dipped the stamp in silver dust and pressed it into the fondant. Where do I find that tool and do they make them in the shape of a music note?

5 replies
all4cake Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 6:29am
post #2 of 6

ah poo....I've got a few of 'em! they're in the craft store in the scrapbooking section! I'll be back...see if there's a name on 'em...

all4cake Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 6:30am
post #3 of 6

sizzix is the one I'm thinkin' of. That's what I use.

check it out! they're on sale too!

dg10148 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 6:34am
post #4 of 6

I didn't see that show but I use stamps that I buy from the craft store for my fondant I love the clear ones best I just bought the Disney High School Musical clear stamp at wal mart for my grand daughters birthday cake. You can use any stamp as long as you only use them with food safe coloring and dust. Wish I had some pics to show you but I cant find any with stamps right now sorry.

all4cake Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 6:35am
post #5 of 6


I'm not seeing the things I've got on that site but that's the name on the handles.

all4cake Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 6:52am
post #6 of 6

I don't have a mm one, I do have a gingerbread man, a musical note and a fish. the fish one is like the ones above the others, are attached to a handle and I use them to cut my fondant into the shapes.

If all you're wanting is to dip it into silver then apply it to a cake(like an outline), a cookie cutter would work...for that matter, it would work to cut the fondant too....

that cuttlebug thingy looks like it's got a cutter and stamper tool

Quote by @%username% on %date%