How Do I Make Tissue Paper Looking Fondant?

Decorating By butterfly831915 Updated 27 Oct 2008 , 12:56pm by mamacc

butterfly831915 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 3:35am
post #1 of 6

I am making a gift box cake and my sister wants it to look like tissue paper in the box, icon_eek.gif I have no clue how to do this with fondant. Could anyone help please....I have to have it figured out this tuesday... icon_sad.gif Yikes....

5 replies
Sugarflowers Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 8:22am
post #2 of 6

Maybe you could roll it REALLY thinly, press some crinkled wax paper onto it, and then transfer it to the box. Oh yeah, cut the size you need before transferring. Adding a small amount of Gumpaste to this might make it a little easier to handle.

It's just an idea. Maybe someone else will have a better one.

chutzpah Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 8:30am
post #3 of 6

Use gumpaste... then you can roll it really, really thin.

Shamitha Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 9:36am
post #4 of 6

Use equal amounts of gumpaste & fondant mixed together, example: 20g gumpaste + 20g fondant. Mix together & roll out. HTH.

marriedtoagreek74 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 9:54am
post #5 of 6

I did same as others said with mixing gumpaste and fondant. I didn't get it thin enough though so just keep trying to get it thin thin thin! I then cut it in imperfect squares (oxymoron?) then laid it on crushed up paper towels to make them uneven. Then before I put the in the box I brushed lightly with luster dust. icon_biggrin.gif

mamacc Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 12:56pm
post #6 of 6

I made polka dot tissue paper on my shopping bag cake. I just rolled it REALLY thin and draped it over crumpled saran wrap to dry. I just made a bunch of different ones and then just kind of pieced it together on the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%