How Do I Get The Nice, Neat Ganache Drips?

Decorating By sunsecret Updated 28 Oct 2008 , 4:10pm by Cakepro

sunsecret Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 3:28am
post #1 of 6

I have searched all over this site. I am just not finding the right spot.

I have tried the Chocolate Ganache III recipe. Tastes good, easy to make.

I can't get my drips to look neat. I know I am getting too much, it pools at the bottom layer of the cake, and the top layer runs all the way down to the 2nd layer. icon_sad.gif

Is a squirt bottle the way to do it, a little bit at a time? I don't have one and tried slowly pouring with the measuring cup.

Can anyone help me find the right place? Or just give me tips and ideas on this thread? Thanks in advance. icon_smile.gif

5 replies
Cakepro Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 8:00pm
post #3 of 6

That's exactly how I get good, even drizzles except I use ganache, not chocolate like the person in the video. The end of a bottle may have too large of an opening. Use a plastic disposable decorating bag and cut the opening to about the size of a Wilton tip 5.

sunsecret Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 11:35pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks bunches!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Shelly4481 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 4:02pm
post #5 of 6

I agree with cakepro, I also use a frosting bag and a tip. Works great. You have to move fast because it flows fast. Good luck

Cakepro Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 4:10pm
post #6 of 6

Forgot to mention - if your cake is chilled, this will help the drizzles set up kinda fast so you don't make a mess with it running too far. You have to find the right temperature of ganache for your speed of working though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%