Anyone Have This Pan?

Decorating By Kate714 Updated 27 Oct 2008 , 11:07pm by Kate714

Kate714 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 2:03am
post #1 of 7
6 replies
ski Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 2:49am
post #2 of 7

maybe petit fours?

Skirt Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 4:42pm
post #3 of 7

You could use it for muffins (it is labeled as a muffin pan) but you could also make square mini-cakes with it. Just writing it made me realize what an undertaking that would be. icon_razz.gif

melvin01 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 4:58pm
post #4 of 7

Would be good for people who like corners-only brownies or for making small sample cakes for tastings. That is probably what I would use it for.

I have seen the cupcake liners for that pan, though, now come to think of it. I guess square is the new round??

It would also make doing a cupcake cake easier since the edges would fit together better to flat-frost it. Less gaps between the edges.

yellobutterfly Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 5:10pm
post #5 of 7

a pan like this is on my wishlist, but I didn't know that fat daddios made one - the one I've been wanting is by chicago metallics (amazon), and there's also a calphalon one at target...

I want it for petitfours and brownies!

tiggy2 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 5:18pm
post #6 of 7

I have one similar and use it for mini cakes.

Kate714 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 11:07pm
post #7 of 7

I've never made petit fours, but I want to, so I was hoping this could work icon_biggrin.gif some of the other pans with mini-squares are like $73?? I'm wondering what the difference is, as far as how they come out?

Quote by @%username% on %date%