Outlining, I Did It! Yipeee....will Make Tracy Proud

Baking By shiney Updated 27 Oct 2008 , 12:31pm by TracyLH

shiney Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 1:01am
post #1 of 3

I actually followed y'all's advice on outlining and flooding. Some even look similar to Tracy's, looks like the flood icing would spill over, but didn't....(Yes, lots of breath-holding). I did the drizzle-counting thing.
I know I'm not telling most of you anything you didn't have perfected, but I'll share what I did, may help someone else who, like me, has no patience. It seemed to take me forever to 'get' this method. I'm not saying this is correct, just what worked for me. I am using TG, but don't think RI would be any different

For flood, drizzle disappeared around count of 7. Put some of that into large squeeze bottle (or bag) with large tip. For outline, thickened that same color, drizzle disappeared around count of ten. Put into small squeeze bottle (or bag) with #3 tip. Outlined about five cookies, then went back and flooded. I sort of go around the outline, getting close without going all the way to the outline, then kind of fill in the middle, with swirle/circular motions (technical term) icon_wink.gif filling in. then take toothpick to bring it to the outline and into corners.

2 replies
Zamode Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 3:43am
post #2 of 3

Shiney, thank you! I was just thinking of typing a post about this very subject, it's what makes me borderline mad when doing cookies. I don't care for RI but love how it pipes. I use Wilton's icing which is similar to Toba's and cannot get it down pat for the life of me (hence my avatar, cookie sheets being thrown out the window).

I was not looking forward to battling glacé again this week but now I will use your instructions, thanks!

TracyLH Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 12:31pm
post #3 of 3

Whoo hoo! Hurray for you! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif SO glad it worked out for you! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%