Good Book For Starting A Business

Business By pinkpiggie78 Updated 28 Oct 2008 , 12:21am by mandy711

pinkpiggie78 Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 8:30pm
post #1 of 4

I am really contemplating starting up my own home bakery business, but before I do anything, I need to lay out everything I need to purchase/obtain before I start down a path that isn't worth it for me. I am not looking to be the next Paula Deen, just like baking and am hoping to eventually make a small profit. Now that I have rambled, does any one have a good "how to start your own business" book? It doesn't necessarily need to be about a bakery business. Thank you!

3 replies
indydebi Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 10:45pm
post #2 of 4

It's not so much about starting a business ... but it's great insight into running a business. I recommend this book to EVERYONE!! I bought it because 2 people inside of 3 days told me I had to read it.

"e-myth" by Michael Gerber.

Anyone who is even THINKING about starting a business needs this book. It's my newest business bible!!

pinkpiggie78 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you indydebi! I will be ordering that. Anyoen else? On a daily basis I have an internal fight with myself as to what I should do. I have an 18 mo old and am planning on trying for another one next year... I would just like to get it up and running before I have two kids up and running icon_smile.gif

mandy711 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 12:21am
post #4 of 4

I just recently bought the book from Its pretty good. also google earlene's cakes, she has quite a few blogs on how to start a home business and what goes into it. Also, you need to contact our local health dept. or dept. of agriculture and tell them that you are thinking about it and they will give you a packet of requirements. Hope that helped! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%