How Do I Freeze Cheesecake?

Decorating By Angelgirl Updated 26 Oct 2008 , 10:01pm by Angelgirl

Angelgirl  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angelgirl Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 7:30pm
post #1 of 5

I am getting married on Friday at a smallish ceremony. We are having cheesecake instead of traditional wedding cake. The only problem is- we are working full time and don't know when I'll be able to bake them all!

The recipes I'm using are pretty standard and most come from the Kraft Foods website. I would like to bake after work starting tonight. How long will a cheesecake be good for after it's baked? We have to transport them for about 3 hours to the location of the wedding, so they'll be moved in a cooler. I was thinking that it would probably be a good idea to just freeze them.

What is the best way to freeze a cheesecake? Should I wrap it up the same way I do my regular cakes with plastic wrap then foil?

Any advice would be much appreciated. I'm a first year teacher and am incredibly busy with school work. (I do not recommend moving to a new city, starting a new job and planning a wedding at the same time! haha).

Thanks!
Becky

4 replies
 Mike1394  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 9:16pm
post #2 of 5

Just dble wrap them in plastic wrap. If any decorating to be done I would hold off till you get there if possible. Some simple whipped cream dollops piped on look great.

Mike

Mencked  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 9:39pm
post #3 of 5

Ditto what Mike said and they can be frozen for weeks ahead of time when properly wrapped!

JP  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JP Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 9:47pm
post #4 of 5

Well, Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! May your life together be as smooth and creamy as your cheesecake is sure to be!

Angelgirl  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angelgirl Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 10:01pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you guys so much! I appreciate your help, you've taken some stress off my shoulders!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%