How Do I Freeze Cheesecake?

Decorating By Angelgirl Updated 26 Oct 2008 , 10:01pm by Angelgirl

Angelgirl Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 7:30pm
post #1 of 5

I am getting married on Friday at a smallish ceremony. We are having cheesecake instead of traditional wedding cake. The only problem is- we are working full time and don't know when I'll be able to bake them all!

The recipes I'm using are pretty standard and most come from the Kraft Foods website. I would like to bake after work starting tonight. How long will a cheesecake be good for after it's baked? We have to transport them for about 3 hours to the location of the wedding, so they'll be moved in a cooler. I was thinking that it would probably be a good idea to just freeze them.

What is the best way to freeze a cheesecake? Should I wrap it up the same way I do my regular cakes with plastic wrap then foil?

Any advice would be much appreciated. I'm a first year teacher and am incredibly busy with school work. (I do not recommend moving to a new city, starting a new job and planning a wedding at the same time! haha).

4 replies
Mike1394 Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 9:16pm
post #2 of 5

Just dble wrap them in plastic wrap. If any decorating to be done I would hold off till you get there if possible. Some simple whipped cream dollops piped on look great.

Mencked Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 9:39pm
post #3 of 5

Ditto what Mike said and they can be frozen for weeks ahead of time when properly wrapped!

JP Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 9:47pm
post #4 of 5

Well, Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! May your life together be as smooth and creamy as your cheesecake is sure to be!

Angelgirl Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 10:01pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you guys so much! I appreciate your help, you've taken some stress off my shoulders!

Quote by @%username% on %date%