My Cucpcake Stand!

Baking By havingfun Updated 10 Nov 2008 , 8:06pm by diamondsonblackvelvet13

havingfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
havingfun Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 6:54pm
post #1 of 12

Here is my cupcake stand I designed, and my brother helped me cutout. It is made of furniture grade birch 1/2" plywood. The tiers are 16,14,12,10,and 8 inches. Each tier has a 1/2" hole drilled in the center and a T nut in that. There is a threaded rod that runs down the center. I can change the separators (in this case, I am preparing for a big party at a farm). I made a 10" board and attached the legs to that, so I can use it under either the 16,14, or 12 inch tiers. After you thread your needed tiers and separators on the rod, there is a wing nut that tightens it all together on the bottom. The ribbon around the edge is hot glued in one place (pulled snugly), so it can also be changed for the occassion. I have different lenghts of threaded rod for the different configurations. The boards can be turned over and covered with paper for a different effect also. I wanted it to be as versatile as possible.
LL
LL

11 replies
SweetDreamsAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreamsAT Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 7:03pm
post #2 of 12

Wow! Great job on your stand! And you have answered a lot of questions for me... I've made a stand before, but was trying to think of a way to make one that would be more versatile. Thank you SO much for sharing this with us!

havingfun Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 8:59pm
post #3 of 12

SweetDreamsAT, if you have any more questions, please feel free to pm me. After I typed my message, I realized I probably went into more detail than anyone would possibly want! I have been thinking about it for several months, revising and revisiting my ideas, so it became my "baby".

tiersfromheaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiersfromheaven Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 11:50am
post #4 of 12

icon_eek.gif That is one strudy stand! Great Job! Great Brother!

havingfun Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 12:34pm
post #5 of 12

Love my brother!

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 8:08pm
post #6 of 12

Beautiful cupcake stand! I bet you can't wait to make cupcakes just to show it off!

havingfun Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 8:32pm
post #7 of 12

kandu001,
I have already used it once. The picture is posted in my photos. Thank you for the lovely comment.

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 8:49pm
post #8 of 12

havingfun,
It looks beautiful and yummy! You make such beautiful cakes and cupcakes! I guess I should have thought to look in your photos to see if you had used it...oops.

havingfun Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 9:07pm
post #9 of 12

oooohhhh, you made my day! It was kinda crappy so far............

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 4:52pm
post #10 of 12

Hey, what did you use to seperate the tiers? That looks like something I could get my brother in law to make for me. I might have to bribe him with cake but it would be SO worth it!

havingfun Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 7:58pm
post #11 of 12

The separators are terracota flower pots. I got them at Michael's. I think they were called "rose pots". You can use anything that will support weight and is at least 4" tall. If you look in my photos, you will see a picture of the stand with cupcakes on it. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask!

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 8:06pm
post #12 of 12

Hey thanks! I appreciate it. I see what you mean! Very nice work!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%