Elegant 50Th B-Day Cake...i Have Searched, But I Haven't

Decorating By BakeLoveMom Updated 4 Nov 2008 , 5:04am by Sweetcakes23

BakeLoveMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeLoveMom Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 12:36pm
post #1 of 6

I have searched But I haven't found exactly what I have been looking for. My closest Aunt is turning 50 (not until Dec.), and her hubby is planning a surprise party for her. Her birthday is close to Christmas and I don't want to do anything that looks Christmasy because she has had that her whole life, however her favorite color is red. I was thinking of doing a stacked cake with large deep red flowers, but I would love some other ideas, I just haven't come up with a great idea yet. Thanks for all your help.

Sarah icon_confused.gif

5 replies
chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 12:43pm
post #2 of 6

I would look at pics of red-themed wedding cakes. Wedding cakes are usually more elegant than party cakes.

uschi1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
uschi1 Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 12:50pm
post #3 of 6

Here is something I did for a 50th wedding anniversary that might help give you an idea:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1222069

Granpam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Granpam Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 1:04pm
post #4 of 6

Here is one I did that could be done in just about any color. You could add flowers to the top instead of the big 50.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1250881.html

BakeLoveMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeLoveMom Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 1:46pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for the ideas and keep them coming. I did look at the red wedding cakes, that is what I meant by "searched." Nothing really popped out at me. Thanks so much again.

Sweetcakes23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetcakes23 Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 5:04am
post #6 of 6

Check out sugarshacks pictures...she has some really nice ideas for that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%