Decorating By ivnurse2001 Updated 27 Oct 2008 , 1:11pm by jobueno

ivnurse2001 Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 8:27am
post #1 of 6


I am wondering if I have to buy a certain type of airbrush such as one online at a "cake" site or in a "cake shop" or can the airbrushes from like hobby lobby and micheals work for cake work.

5 replies
alanahodgson Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 9:32pm
post #2 of 6

you don't need a specialized airbrush, but you do need a compressor that blows at 30 psi or lower or you'll likely blow your icing right off your cake.

kakeladi Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 9:34pm
post #3 of 6

The ones made for cake decorating do work much better for what we do.
Get one that has the 'ink cup' on the top....not a jar that hangs downicon_sad.gif

trumpetmidget Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 12:36am
post #4 of 6

I have a badger 360 that does both gravity feed and bottle feed. I love it. I got it at Michaels for 50% off witha coupon. I got my compressor at Harbour Freight and have an airbrush from there that came with the compressor.

ivnurse2001 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 5:11am
post #5 of 6

THANKS FOR REPLYING. I missed the recent 50%off sale.

jobueno Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 1:11pm
post #6 of 6

I have to agree with trumpetmidget. I too have a Badger 360 that I bought at Michael's with 50% off and works just wonders for me. The compressor I got at Northern tools for about 30 dollars on sale back in December last year. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%