Need Help With A Photo Transfer

Decorating By dolcebaci Updated 29 Oct 2008 , 10:53pm by tripleD

dolcebaci Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 4:50am
post #1 of 5

I was wondering if there is someone out there that can help me. I tired to do an edibale image with my printer (first time) using rice paper...can't get my hands on frosting paper and the picture came out ORANGE...should have been a green background.

I have to put it on a black fondant cake...any ideas out there? I hardly doubt I and draw it out.

Any ideas would be accepted!!
I have until Tuesday night to get this right...I really wouldn't want to have to print a regular picture and then just add it to the cake....tacky no?

Thanks dolce in Toronto
LL

4 replies
kakeladi Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 12:46pm
post #2 of 5

Probably the major problem w/using those printers is the colors often are not trueicon_sad.gif
It sounds like the port on your green is blocked. I never cleaned them (DH does that) but it can be a bear to get it unblockedicon_sad.gif
I'm sure some will jump on here & tell you want to do.
BTW: some printers will become totally gummed up using wafer paper........we had that happenicon_sad.gif

tripleD Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 2:24pm
post #3 of 5

what kind of printer? maybe they just need the heads cleaned.
set the printer properties on photo. i use a epson printer. i get my frosting sheets from www.decopac.com .
i even refill my cartridges. keep trying it took me a while when i first got mine. now i print everything imaginable.

dolcebaci Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 7:40pm
post #4 of 5

I have an Epson Ci6000 I picked it up BRAND NEW on for $30 CND dollars ...never tried it until this past weekend I am using ink from KopyKat...

ANd I think I am using the correct settings.

tripleD Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 10:53pm
post #5 of 5

try running the head cleaner in the printer program maitenance. you may have to run it a few times. then I print a 5x7 photo picture thru on a piece of card stock to help clean up the heads.if this don't work make sure ink cartridges are snapped in place.

hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%