How Do I Professionally Cancel A Tasting? (Already Booked!)

Business By mom2spunkynbug Updated 28 Oct 2008 , 11:15pm by Rocketgirl899

mom2spunkynbug Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 2:58am
post #1 of 6

I have a tasting in a few weeks for a wedding. Well, another bride already booked for the day before and I REFUSE to do two weddings back-to-back anymore (I'm a home baker, and it's just way too much for me).

How should I cancel this tasting? Without sounding like an idiot. Or...I should I sound professional. icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
all4cake Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 3:15am
post #2 of 6

"Hi...This is ....I wanted to let you know that I have to cancel your scheduled tasting for .... All dates are filled on a first come first served basis. Deposits secure the date. Another bride who recently had a tasting booked the date. I appreciate you considering me for this event."

chassidyg Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 3:16am
post #3 of 6

Let her know politely, that you have another booked confirmed wedding scheduled the day before, and in order to give your best to every cake you cannot do 2 cakes back to back, so that the quality doesnt go down, or something sounding better but with that idea, tooo late to think correctly tonight icon_smile.gif

all4cake Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 3:21am
post #4 of 6

Hi...I would like to thank you for considering me for your upcoming event. However, I will be unable to accept another order for that date. Dates are open until deposit(s) are received. Since scheduling your tasting, deposits were made and the date filled. I'm sorry for any inconvenience(I don't even know that I would apologize for that either since she's just shopping...not like you cancelled her cake order). I wish you all the best. ....

missmeg Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 8:10pm
post #5 of 6

I would also add that if you know of any other bakeries in the area to recommend, do that.

Rocketgirl899 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 11:15pm
post #6 of 6

i would recommend another bakery.

no need to mention how many cakes you can handle.

i would combined ALL4CAKE's answer icon_smile.gif

good luck, don't wait let her know ASAP. find a bakery with a similar price break. give them a call to make sure they are accepting orders for the date.

Quote by @%username% on %date%