Lime Green Birthday Cake

Decorating By missmikey Updated 26 Oct 2008 , 1:20am by fiddlesticks

missmikey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmikey Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 12:24am
post #1 of 5

A friend at work wants me to make her daughters birthday cake. I have been playing around and trying different cakes that I have seen on this site but I really don't think I am that good. She wants a topsy-turvy cake, I did make one but thought it was ugly, she loved it though.
Anyhow my questions are how do I make lime green. I have only tried fondant once so I don't want to do the cake in fondant but maybe could do some fondant accents.
My second question is what colors would go well with lime green, the girl hates pink.
I was thinking I could do polka dots and maybe some stripes how hard is it to do stripes out of fondant?

I would greatly appreciate any help or advice you can send my way
Michelle

4 replies
cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 12:57am
post #2 of 5

Lime green is made with a yellow base then add a little leaf green to it. Lime green and black I have a cake in my show room with those colors.

sttgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sttgirl Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 1:09am
post #3 of 5

How about lime green with teal or some other blue hue- that should be a nice combo if the person doesn't like pink. Happy decorating!

kel58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kel58 Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 1:10am
post #4 of 5

what about lime green with Purple, yellow and blue accents? http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1267136 I have this cake in my favs and love the colour combo.. you could just choose someting else to replace the pink with. Good luck. I didnt find doing fondant stripes too difficult for a first time. Im sure they weren't perfect but nobody noticed but me at the party. [/url]

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 1:20am
post #5 of 5

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1271763
I just used these colors together. I used the electric colors by Americolor.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%