Desparate Houswives Cake Idea

Decorating By Jennifer9800 Updated 26 Oct 2008 , 12:05am by Rose_N_Crantz

Jennifer9800 Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 6:25pm
post #1 of 3

I had someone email me today asking me to do a cake themed with Desparate housewives from ABC. I was thinking something with the tree and apple like the commercials and the theme song on the show has the whole tree forbidden fruit sort of thing. I'll be sketching this off and on over the weekend gathering ideas. Thought I'd pass it on to you wonderfully talented CC peeps too! I don't know the serving size either or even if he'll really order it but it has got my mind churning! icon_wink.gif Thanks in advance for the help.

2 replies
Sweet_Guys Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 9:01pm
post #2 of 3

If you did a rectangular-shaped cake, what about creating the street from the top corner and zig-zagging to the opposite corner with chocolate or gingerbread houses to represent the various ladies? You could then do gumpaste or gumpaste/fondant representations of the major characters.

Paul & Peter

Rose_N_Crantz Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 12:05am
post #3 of 3

I would stick with the tree and the apple thing. I don't watch the show so I wouldn't know much else about what should go on the cake. I'm just thinking about practicality. Yeah, it would be cool to make a replica of the street with the ladies, but I've seen fondant/gumpaste people, will your finished product look good? It's my opinion that fondant people look too cartoony.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%