Glycerin, Where Do I Find It?

Decorating By toristreats Updated 26 Oct 2008 , 10:03pm by toristreats

toristreats Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 8

I'm trying to find a large bottle of Glycerin. I've tried pharmacy and health food stores and no one seems to know what I'm talking about. I did find some on but the shipping was as much as the glycerin. Does anyone know where I can find this stuff? Buying the Wilton glycerin is becoming expensive.

Thanks in Advance.

7 replies
BakeLoveMom Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 5:25pm
post #2 of 8

I get it at Michaels Craft store, by the flavorings, but it only comes in a small bottle, which only makes one batch. I would love to know where to get a bigger bottle. Hope that helps.

KathyTW Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 5:34pm
post #3 of 8

Do you have a cake dec. supply any where close to you? Even if they don't carry it, they can order it for you.

The last time I got it was at a pharmacy but I actually had to ask for it because they kept it behind the counter.

Bossy Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 5:39pm
post #4 of 8

I used to order through a school science supply company on line by the gallon, but I can find it chaeper now thorugh a cake supply store.

UltimateCakes Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 5:49pm
post #5 of 8

I've found it at walmart by the Wilton cake dec. supplies.

robinscakes Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 6:06pm
post #6 of 8

I get it at the Meijer pharmacy. Don't know if you have a Meijer by you.

kakeladi Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 1:37am
post #7 of 8

What are you using so much of it for? I had a(1) bottle for *years*!

toristreats Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 10:03pm
post #8 of 8

I'm using it for fondant. I like Michelle Foster's recipe and it calls for Glycerin. I don't have Meijer pharmacy by me. I may have to ask at the Walmart pharmacy next time I'm there.

Oh and the small Wilton bottles are too expensive and too small. I go through them too fast. I also don't have a cake supply store least that I'm aware of.

Does anyone know anywhere I can buy it online?

Quote by @%username% on %date%