Dipping Chocolates...

Sugar Work By krazykat_14

krazykat_14 Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 4:03pm
post #1 of 1

Hi all- I'm fairly new to dipping chocolates (first try was last year) and for the most part, I think I'm doing okay.

I think I figured out the tempering, I've got my chocolates chosen (even I'm amazed at how many different kinds of milk or dark chocolates there are out there!) and I'm building my list of centers... There's only one problem left.

When I drop my centers onto the parchment, the chocolate on the bottoms get thinned out too much and I get "naked" spots where the filling is touching the parchment.

With peanut butter balls, it's not that big of a deal, that way I can peek and see which ones I want icon_biggrin.gif , but for chocolate covered cherries or caramels, the filling wants to ooze out and make a mess icon_sad.gif

Am I dropping my candies too hard onto the parchment? The rotten little buggers sometimes want to stick to my forks (I didn't have dipping tools), so I may get a little rough with them when trying to get them to roll off the forks...

Has anyone tried just putting on vinyl gloves and dipping by hand? I think it might be easier to get my fancy swirls on top that way- I watch WAY too much Food Network...

Thanks in advance!

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%