Edible Images On Fondant

Decorating By eriksmom Updated 26 Oct 2008 , 11:16pm by eriksmom

eriksmom Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 2:40am
post #1 of 4

I have a bride who wants her cake to have words and phrases on her wedding cake. i have seen them that look like they came off a printer, but i've also seen how a frosting sheet looks against fondant. Any ideas on how to do this technique? I really don't want to pipe it on if I can avoid it. Here is a picture of a cake she found online. it's definitely photoshopped, and I am guessing the words are, too. But just in case this can be done, if anyone knows, please share your info with me!
LL

3 replies
eriksmom Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 7:46pm
post #2 of 4

Ok, i know i shouldn't, but i'm going to have to bump myself. I see my post had a few views, but no replies. So is this technique just not possible? I hope someone out there in CC land cake help me!

hazelnutty Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 9:04pm
post #3 of 4

Hi there,
With edible printing, there will inevitably be a faint border between the image and the icing. Therefore, while it is possible to apply by cutting the paper carefully as close as possible to the lettering, the result would not be optimal. The other option I can think of is to paint it on. That would be easier and give better results than piping. YOu might want to pinprick the outline first. I'd be interested if anyone has other ideas.

eriksmom Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 11:16pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks, hazelnutty. I'll suggest that to the bride.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%