I'm So Tiiiiiiiiiired! I Don't Wanna Bake!!!

Business By mom2spunkynbug Updated 25 Oct 2008 , 4:00am by lucettaslegacy

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 1:58am
post #1 of 15

I have a cake that's due tomorrow (the party's at 3) and I am just so tired from everything going on this week that I just SO DO NOT want to do it! It's for one of my ds's friends from school.

The dad waited 'til the very last minute to tell me what he wanted exactly. So now here I am getting ready to make a cake at 10pm - looks like it'll be another all-nighter.

I'm really getting tired of all-nighters.

Dh said I should stop being nice & make these people tell me exactly what they want right away. It was a very last minute thing. The dad contacted me about it on Monday...said what he thought his ds might want...never got back to me, so I emailed with a suggestion....never got back to me, so I email confirming with previous suggestion...he calls tonight and says "well, marble cake is fine, but he likes chocolate...but marble will be ok" Well WHY the &^%$ didn't he just say in a previous email/call that he wanted chocolate?! Ugh - I'm just too tired for this now.

Ok, sorry, my post doesn't have a point. I'm just whining. icon_cry.gif I haven't gotten much sleep this week and all I want to do right now is go to bed.

14 replies
specialtdesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
specialtdesserts Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 2:08am
post #2 of 15

I feel ya! Been there plenty of times! If you can, I would get some rest and wake up early tomorrow-before the kids get up. That usually works best for me when I'm feeling like you are. Even if I sleep until 3 in the morning, it's enough of a rest that I feel better about doing the cake.

inspireddecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspireddecorator Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 2:10am
post #3 of 15

You and me both. I was up until 12:45 am last night, had to work today and haven't even started my next one and it's 8:00 pm already. I am sooo not wanting to do this either.

I am always taking last minute cakes and my family also tells me to say no. You think you can handle it all, no problem until it comes time to do it. I am also baking more cakes for another cake tomorrow. Aghhhh.

I only have myself to blame.

I feel for you and me. haha

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 2:11am
post #4 of 15

Been there, delt with that. Sleep for a few hours, bake the cake and toss it in the freezer (dont bother wrapping) while you make your frosting, by the time you pull it out the heat should have escaped. If its cold, it will come to room temp way quicker than a hot one will. Hope you get through it without too much cake-stress!

specialtdesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
specialtdesserts Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 2:12am
post #5 of 15

Forgot to mention that there's the Friday Night cake club here, too. I haven't seen anyone post yet tonight, but they're great for keeping you upbeat and cheering you on. Everyone's in the same boat on Friday nights in the club, so you'll get the support you need.

IndyDebi usually starts the posts. Keep your eye out for it on the home page.

mom2spunkynbug Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 2:17am
post #6 of 15

Ohhhh Inspireddecorator you hit the nail on the head! I always think ok, no problem, 'til it comes time to do it and uuggghhhh. My kids have been sick this week, and now dh - I also had a tasting today (last minute too! and her wedding's not even until June!!)

I'm going to be doing a motocross theme cake. What are you doing? At least mine doesn't have to be "perfect" if you know what I mean. But I was planning on making dirt, rocks, trees and a lake. And I have started NOTHING!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 2:24am
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by specialtdesserts

I feel ya! Been there plenty of times! If you can, I would get some rest and wake up early tomorrow-before the kids get up. That usually works best for me when I'm feeling like you are. Even if I sleep until 3 in the morning, it's enough of a rest that I feel better about doing the cake.

Oooh I'm the opposite. Anything I have to get done better be before I go to sleep...because upon waking, I'm absolutely worthless.

mom2spunkynbug Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 2:28am
post #8 of 15

Oh yeah, the Friday Night Cake Club, LOL I think I posted there a few times!

I'm so tired, that at this point...I think if I go to sleep I will not wake up in time to do the cake.

My ds has basketball try-outs at 8am, and then he's invited to the party that I'm making the cake for at 3pm. Oh, PLUS my ds didn't like the gift I picked out for his friend, so we have to return that tomorrow & get something else! (Man, I thought I could get away with getting the gift myself - they're only 6! lol!)

I just gotta suuuuuuuuuck it uuuuuuup! (Picture the girl from "The 40 Year Old Virgin" drunk, about to get into her car...remember that scene?! ROFL!!)

mom2spunkynbug Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 2:35am
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialtdesserts

Oooh I'm the opposite. Anything I have to get done better be before I go to sleep...because upon waking, I'm absolutely worthless.

I'm with you Kitagrl - I gotta get it done...well, at least MOST of it done before I go to bed! Time to break out the Pepsi

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 3:00am
post #10 of 15

Make a nice strong pot of coffee or tea whatever you prefer (add some kahlua) icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I feel your pain.......it's almost 11 here and I haven't started baking yet either icon_sad.gif

My goal is just get the layers baked and the icing made, I'll deal with decorating tomorrow.

Good luck......sending you some energy! icon_smile.gif

mom2spunkynbug Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 3:05am
post #11 of 15

Thanks dkelly! I was just going to come on here and say goodnight 'cause I just cannot stand to be up any longer......but your plan sounds good. Just make the cake & icing, and decorate tomorrow!

Didn't help that I just stayed up checking my email & watching a Halloween America's Funniest Home Videos episode! LOL! icon_rolleyes.gif

Sweettooth1120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweettooth1120 Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 3:20am
post #12 of 15

OOOHH YEEEAHHH! Someone know exactly how I feel.

I had 4 cakes lined up for friends, etc. I was asked to do a cake for a silent auction for my kids school fall party. It was due today so I figured yesterday I would get off work, knock the cake out and call it a night. The school event person only called me liek 4 times to make sure I was doing the cake. But mid afternoon my closest friend calls to tell me they are admitting her and doing a c-section, at 34 weeks. I drop everything and run. Baby born at 5:01 (its a girl), stops breathing a few times, but she is ok. Shes in NICU but good. I stayed at the hospital until 9:30 pm, get home after 10 and throw the cake in the oven. Of course it was being difficult. I get to bed after 3:00 this morning. Get up at 7:00 and go to work. Went to the fall party with the kids, did some grocery shopping and here we go again. Just put a cake in the oven. Its due sunday, but, I have to be back at the hospital tomorrow around 2:30 and have another obligation from 7:30 until 10:30....... so, I wont have a ton of time to deal with the cake.

I got home from the grocery store to find a kitchen that is a disaster, which of course I have to clean before I can even rev up the KA. And my DH wonders why I am grumpy. So once this cake is out of the oven. I am off to bed and Yoda will have to wait until tomorrow to get a face. Sorry that was long.

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 3:24am
post #13 of 15

I hear ya. Usually this is me too. This week I only had cupcakes due today and then a cake Sunday. I did work 8 hours today at my full time job and worked at the restaurant for 4 hours tonight. Next week when I have 2 cakes due on Friday, 4 Rice crispy pumpkins, 8 cookie bouquets and cupcakes for my daughters class and then wedding cake Saturday I will be needing the encouragement! I am in the same boat I cannot say no.

mom2spunkynbug Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 3:39am
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSabatano

I got home from the grocery store to find a kitchen that is a disaster, which of course I have to clean before I can even rev up the KA. And my DH wonders why I am grumpy. So once this cake is out of the oven. I am off to bed and Yoda will have to wait until tomorrow to get a face. Sorry that was long.

OH YEAH Of course I have to clean before I even start! I totally know what you mean! Ugh, I'm so tired. I don't know if I can make it. I think I might just go to bed now.

lucettaslegacy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lucettaslegacy Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 4:00am
post #15 of 15

Wow! I'm glad that I'm not the only one that pulls the all nighters. I always feel like doing the cakes before I go to bed. I'm not much of a morning person. I find that I'm usually most creative in the middle of the night...although I pay for it the next day! Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%