I Just Bake A Cake And The Middle Went Down... Why?

Decorating By kquintana Updated 26 Oct 2008 , 2:28am by melysa

kquintana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kquintana Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 11:12pm
post #1 of 10

please help is the first time that it happens but the center of my cake sunked!!!!

9 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 11:14pm
post #2 of 10

Probably it's not done. (Not baked thru the middle.)

trumpetmidget Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trumpetmidget Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 11:50pm
post #3 of 10

Do you have kids? Were they jumping around the oven? Or did you move the pan while it was still cooking? I get that problem, too, and usually it is because there is a lot of movement in the house. The vibrations makes the cake fall. It's a pain in the butt. HTH

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 10:47am
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpetmidget

Do you have kids? Were they jumping around the oven? Or did you move the pan while it was still cooking? I get that problem, too, and usually it is because there is a lot of movement in the house. The vibrations makes the cake fall. It's a pain in the butt. HTH

Unless it's an egg foam cake, or an earthquake, vibrations do not make a cake fall. I move, and rotate my pans all the time for more even baking.

Mike

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 1:42am
post #5 of 10

Most likely reason is not baked enough. No vibrations should not effect it as Mike said.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 1:53am
post #6 of 10

What size pan were you using? I have baked a WASC cake in a 11X15 pan and it sank in the middle. After that cake, I started using an inverted flower nail and have never had that problem again. It will help the middle cook faster and would probably eliminate your problem.

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 2:02am
post #7 of 10

Yeah, no way vibrations can do it...I have 2 kids that do that all the time and it never has fallen. Probably underbaked...try the flower nail if it's larger that an 8 in round

PumpkinMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PumpkinMommy Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 2:22am
post #8 of 10

I have had that happen for no obvious good reason at all. It was cooked completely. So who knows. I decided it was a scrap cake. icon_biggrin.gif and boy was it yum. icon_biggrin.gif

Wesha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wesha Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 2:28am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kquintana

please help is the first time that it happens but the center of my cake sunked!!!!

It could be a number of things. The cake may not be done in the middle. Maybe you opened the oven door too soon and the cake fell in the middle.

Wesha

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 2:28am
post #10 of 10

if its a new recipe...suspect that it may have something to do with the altitude you are at.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%