13 Yr Old Girl.....help No Idea!

Decorating By SammiJo02 Updated 28 Oct 2008 , 11:22pm by Pastelitoz4u

SammiJo02 Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 5:10pm
post #1 of 10

My step-daughter will be 13 very soon, and I can't come up with anything to do for her cake. She is into punk rock and guys that wear eyeliner (WHATEVER). She is not giving me any ideas. I know that she likes purple and black, and she thinks she is a rockstar in her own little world. If you have any suggestions, I am open. Please help me! She already thinks I am "out of touch" and "old."

9 replies
KHalstead Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 5:41pm
post #2 of 10

http://www.charmcitycakes.com/index2.html
what about something like this done in purple and black instead of red and black?

edited to say: go to "not so traditional" and click on "ashley"

Rose_N_Crantz Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 5:56pm
post #3 of 10

Are you thinking sheet cake or something more? If you're fine with something more, I would go for a topsy turvy cake. Those are still pretty new. And incorporate skulls into it. Cute skulls though, something like this:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/cute%20skull/lexie0205_picz/stuff/2451114075.jpg?o=4

The main thing that makes this cute and not weird is the bow. Maybe a purple cake with white skulls and black bows? You could add some roses (black roses would be cool!) or lace to make it a feminine cake. No matter how "hardcore" she thinks she is, she'll think a cake with skulls and roses and lace on it would be cool. I'm that same way.

Have fun!

UltimateCakes Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 6:09pm
post #4 of 10
cakebaker1978 Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 5:03am
post #5 of 10

I she into fashion? Like purses? I think purse cakes are perfect for teenaged girls! I found a few"punk purses" I think she might like...(IF she is into stuff like this) Usually they are into the purse thing! lol
I LOVE THE PINK STRIPED ONE!!
Hope I helped even a little bit!!
LL
LL
LL

CShields Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 5:16pm
post #6 of 10

I'm not quite sure if this idea would be appropriate for your 13 year old girl, but I recently did one for a 15 year old that told her Mom she wanted me to do a cake with circles. (What a dumb request!) I came up with the following cake in thinking about this birthday would probably be a time for her becoming a young lady, which I believe would be appropriate for a 13 year old girl. I have the cake posted in the galleries, but the attached is a close up of my idea:

CShields Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 5:24pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CShields

I'm not quite sure if this idea would be appropriate for your 13 year old girl, but I recently did one for a 15 year old that told her Mom she wanted me to do a cake with circles. (What a dumb request!) I came up with the following cake in thinking about this birthday would probably be a time for her becoming a young lady, which I believe would be appropriate for a 13 year old girl. I have the cake posted in the galleries, but the attached is a close up of my idea:

Opps, I forgot something . . .
LL

jillmakescakes Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 6:01pm
post #8 of 10

If you have a store called Hot Topic in your nearest mall, stop in there one day. Heck, you could even ask the people working there for ideas. That store seems to be big on punk/goth/eyeliner-wearing-dudes.

here is their website
http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/index.jsp

You might need a chocolate transfer sheet for this, but try putting a red plaid design on one tier and black and white stripes on another. here is a photo from the hottopic website with an outfit with the plaid and black/white--very punk IMHO (of course, she probably would think i'm old and out of touch too... icon_lol.gif )
LL

Rocketgirl899 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 11:04pm
post #9 of 10

I went through that stage!!!! I'm only 22... so it wasn't tooo long ago.

I think Ultimatecakes hit it right on... make the pink purple...and brilliant.

still cute but with a punk egdge icon_smile.gif you could also ad some black and purple flames. for the bottom teir.. or add a 3rd

Pastelitoz4u Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 11:22pm
post #10 of 10

Wow! I have a 13 yr old and she's into that stage.....She loves hot topic stores and anything that has to do with Purple,black,skulls,stars and converse.

I would go with a Purple and black cake with skulls or a converse logo on it. Or maybe even a converse shoe cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%