Where To Order Cake Boxes?

Decorating By crazycanuk Updated 3 Nov 2008 , 8:49pm by dlinnane

crazycanuk Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 4:13pm
post #1 of 21

Hello everyone,

I am sorry if this is a question already been answer, but I have searched the forums and haven't been able to find anything.

I am in need of cake boxes the cardboard/paper foldable ones. I found ones at goldaskitchen, but the shipping is outrageous. I am wondering if anyone knows of places that ship to canada and you can buy individual boxes (not packages of 100, etc).

All help is appreciated!

Thanks!

20 replies
grammynan Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 7:32pm
post #2 of 21

You can get boxes from papermart.com and instawares.com. But be careful cause the shipping will knock your socks off!!

crazycanuk Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 10:25pm
post #3 of 21

I will check those out, but the shipping is outrageous.

Anyone know of more places?

Jewelsx19 Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 1:32pm
post #4 of 21

If you find a place can you let me know? I am in Ontario and so far I haven't found anything online that doesn't charge a arm and leg for shipping.

I have just been buying my boxes from the Bulk Barn so far.

CShields Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 7:42pm
post #5 of 21

Hi Everyone:
I just posted a reply to this same question in
http://www.brpboxshop.com/pink_cake_boxes.html

Please click on the previous line to get my new find in where to get your boxes. Thanks.

CShields Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 7:46pm
post #6 of 21

Big goof . . . SORRY! This is the place to click on my reply to this question- http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-608922.html icon_redface.gif

tlreetz Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 7:47pm
post #7 of 21

ai buy all of mine from B & G paper, great prices!! www.bgpaper.com

jennifer7777 Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 8:05pm
post #8 of 21

I really like Big River Packaging...

www.brpboxshop.com

They have such a great variety of items. Shipping is free in the U.S. but hopefully it won't break your pocketbook too much to get delivery in Canada. Good customer service, too.

dlinnane Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 8:09pm
post #9 of 21

I don't have the space to store 50 (or more) boxes of different shapes and sizes, and it was suggested to me that I buy boxes as I need them either from the local craft store or from one of the larger cake shops in town. That's only feasible to a point - it can get expensive! So I guess you need to determine about how many of what you'll need in the next, say, 6 months or so, and determine if it's worth it to order a bunch.

HTH,
Donna

CShields Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 8:18pm
post #10 of 21

Ordering cases of boxes is a problem when you are just starting out; however, if you are still in decorating class or have a friend that is also just starting to get their cakes/decorated goods out, perhaps you could get them to share in the costs of the case orders and split the case with them.

CShields Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 8:19pm
post #11 of 21

Big goof . . . SORRY! This is the place to click on my reply to this question- http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-608922.html icon_redface.gif

liapsim Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 8:26pm
post #12 of 21

Well, in my town, Walmart, Hobby Lobby, and Michael's all carry individual boxes. I just go get a couple of every size to be on the safe side!

Ruby2uesday Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 8:51pm
post #13 of 21

is there anywhere that sells 12x12 boxes? i've been making a lot of 10in circles.

thanks

jennifer7777 Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 9:05pm
post #14 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby2uesday

is there anywhere that sells 12x12 boxes? i've been making a lot of 10in circles.

thanks

Big River Packaging...www.brpboxshop.com

Ruby2uesday Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 9:10pm
post #15 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer7777

Quote:

thanks

Big River Packaging...www.brpboxshop.com

Ok, now i found some. i kept just seeing 10x10x4, but i found 12x12x5 under the Pie boxes. THANKS! but ouch, not sure i need 100! LOL

jennifer7777 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 3:57am
post #16 of 21
Quote:

Ok, now i found some. i kept just seeing 10x10x4, but i found 12x12x5 under the Pie boxes. THANKS! but ouch, not sure i need 100! LOL

Double check...I've seen before where you can pick the quantity you want...but it may only be 4 certain boxes.

steplite Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 4:31am
post #17 of 21

I just ordered boxes and plastic cupcake containers from www.wesellcoffee.com. The boxes were 42.53 for 100. and 14.40 for 20 high done cupcake containers. But the shipping was kind of expensive , 20.15. But my cake suppy store is selling single boxes for 1.19 and the cupcake containers for 2.00.

steplite Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 4:34am
post #18 of 21

I just ordered boxes and plastic cupcake containers from www.wesellcoffee.com. The boxes were 42.53 for 100. and 14.40 for 20 high done cupcake containers. But the shipping was kind of expensive , 20.15. But my cake suppy store is selling single boxes for 1.19 and the cupcake containers for 2.00.

jennifer7777 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 4:37am
post #19 of 21

Oh yeah...I've ordered from wesellcoffee.com before! I like them too. Especially the cupcake containers.

I have done comparisons between wesellcoffee and big river packaging...and brp was cheaper due to free shipping, for sure. I can't recall if the exact unit prices were cheaper on top of that.

You know, after a while I stop looking at shipping. I just know what I need and some places just don't have it easily accessible locally. So I just chuck it up and enjoy my "surprise" when it arrives to my house. It always feels like I'm getting a gift when my orders arrive. Plus, I save gas & time driving around for stuff.

sweetcakes Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 5:47pm
post #20 of 21

getting a good selection of boxes can be expensive. If you have a cake club or other cake people splitting the orders would be a great option. You could also contact the local wilton instructors to see if they would be interested too, and they know alot of decorators.

dlinnane Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 8:49pm
post #21 of 21

One more tip - I use the 10" cake domes (got a GREAT deal from my local paper company) for cookie orders. Turn them upside down and use 10" round cake boards, and use large marshmallows to separate boards - it only takes three, evenly spaced around the edge. That leaves room to spare for two layers of cookies if you stack. One of those cake domes will hold several layers like that. Just one more option if you're forced to choose between sizes and shapes when you order!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%