Baking By bengals Updated 24 Oct 2008 , 6:19pm by bengals

bengals Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 3:46pm
post #1 of 6

Hi all
I have searched this site and have failed to find a recipe for rkt's i am assuming that these are rice krispie treats and have tried various methods to no avail any help would be most appreciated icon_sad.gif

Many thanks

5 replies
KHalstead Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 4:42pm
post #2 of 6

are you using them to carve?? Or do you just want to make rkt to eat??? If you're carving them, don't add any butter, just add some butter flavored extract that way they will be more sturdy! Also you can crush the cereal some with y our hands and that will help it compact tighter for sculpting. I don't even use a recipe anymore, I just melt some marshmallows, when they're melted I add the extract (butter /vanilla/or both) and then add in cereal and stir and keep adding cereal until it looks like the cereal is coated with marshmallows but they shouldn't appear "white" from the marshmallows it should look like more cereal than marshm. but the cereal should all be coated evenly, then let them cool for a minute or two and then start shaping.

bengals Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 5:18pm
post #3 of 6

I was hoping to use them to carve i have never done this before so is it best to melt the mallows in the microwave or in a saucepan?

calynmom Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 5:28pm
post #4 of 6

I find doing it in a saucepan is easier. I just used the regular rice krispy recipe and had no problems. My cat in my gallery is made out of rice krispies. I did have to carve the head a bit but it works great.

I do recommend that if you are covering it in fondant to put a coat of buttercream on it. This will help with the smoothness and take the bumps of the rice krispies away.

KHalstead Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 5:35pm
post #5 of 6

I just melt in the microwave! But I'm lazy and try not to create any MORE dishes than I have to.

bengals Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 6:19pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the advice i will try it out and see hoe it goes icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%