Returning Equipment!!

Business By muddpuppy Updated 28 Oct 2008 , 11:54pm by Solecito

muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 2:34pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone!! I just had a quick question about proceedure!!! I do not hold a store front location so I was wondering what would be the best policy for having my rental equipment, like cake stands, returned to me? Should I pick them up from the venue the night of? Should I wait and let the client deliver it to me? How should I handle returning the deposit?

Thanks bunches for everything!!!!

3 replies
ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 4:30pm
post #2 of 4

I sent up a time and date to meet the client (usually a few days after the event) for them to return the equipment and I return the equipment deposit.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 2:45am
post #3 of 4

I actually make arrangements with the venue for me to pick them up the following Monday. I leave a white trash bag with my name and phone number written on it in black magic marker (leave it under the cake table). I tell the facility coordinator/manager to just put the stuff in the bag and I'll be in on Monday. I usually contact them ahead of time to see if they are agreeable to this arrangement....so far, no one has turned me down. I'd rather do this than depend on the family to get it back to me "eventually".

When I have a professional wedding planner involved in the wedding, she usually volunteers to take care of getting it back for me.

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 11:54pm
post #4 of 4

I charge a deposit on my things, and the contract states that if I do not receive my things within a week after the event (at my place of business), they forfit the deposit and I can buy new things. I've had people coming in the next day to pick up their deposit. And

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%