Darn Good Chocolate Cake Question

Decorating By nanahaley Updated 25 Oct 2008 , 2:48pm by michellenj

nanahaley Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 2:27pm
post #1 of 3

I've used this recipe for some time now and have had consistently wonderful results. Last night I had a problem with the edges sticking in the pan and I'm at a loss for why it happened. I used a new 12" round pan which had been washed well and the pan was well covered with cake release. I also used bake even strips. I made 2 layers using the same pan. The first one I leveled in the pan and removed immediately. I thought maybe I had just taken it out of the pan too quickly so the second one I waited about 10 minutes but it did the same thing. The parts that stuck had chocolate chips in them but there were other places where the chocolate chips touched the pan and did not stick. Has this happened to anyone else with this recipe or does anyone have any suggestions why this might have happened? Sorry to be so long but I'm just at a loss on this one. TIA

2 replies
DollyCakes Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 9:40pm
post #2 of 3

You know, we had that happen with our 6" pans ALL THE TIME in the beginning. I don't know if pans get "seasoned" but it doesn't happen anymore. My guess is the new pans, but I could be wrong. We use the DGCC recipe all the time and don't have sticking problems.

michellenj Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 2:48pm
post #3 of 3

I've never had one of my Darn Good cakes stick. I grease my pans with good old Crisco. I think it might be your new pan.

Quote by @%username% on %date%