Cutters For Mini Cakes?

Decorating By heavensgaits Updated 24 Oct 2008 , 1:09am by Kim_in_CajunCountry

heavensgaits Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 10:38pm
post #1 of 6

I was watching Amazing Wedding Cakes and they made 180 mini cakes using different sized round cutters. The cutters looked taller than your average cookie cutter though. Does anyone know about these and where i can find them?

5 replies
CakesByLJ Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 10:50pm
post #2 of 6

Pfeil & Holing carry a lot of these cutters, and the little decorative boards they go on too... http://www.cakedeco.com/

__Jamie__ Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 10:51pm
post #3 of 6

Ohhhh, I doubt they are any taller than your average cookie cutter, but I may be wrong. Just today, I made some mini cakes with the Wilton Fall leaves and acorn cutter set. They seemed average height to me. Wasn't fun pressing them thru the cake though, as I had made them pretty thick. icon_confused.gif

banba Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 12:05am
post #4 of 6

if you ice and freeze the cake and then push a cookie cutter through it - it works okay.

Thanks for the link to the minis!

CakesByLJ Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 12:48am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by banba

if you ice and freeze the cake and then push a cookie cutter through it - it works okay.

Thanks for the link to the minis!

You're welcome banba!

Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 1:09am
post #6 of 6

I have used a biscuit cutter (American breakfast biscuits, not English cookies). They are taller than cookie cutters. Here's an example of some I found on SurLaTable.com (I'm referring to the stainless steel set in the picture). I bought mine locally in a kitchen specialty store. I like them because they are taller than a regular cookie cutter plus they have the arched handles, which makes it even easier to cut into a thick cake or two cakes that have been stacked and filled giving you a two-layer mini cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%