I Need Some Help

Decorating By faby33 Updated 25 Oct 2008 , 1:00pm by faby33

faby33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
faby33 Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 10:29pm
post #1 of 8

hi everyone. please i need some help. i want to know what tip number you use for making grass, i know i have it read it somewhere but i can't find it.
also i need to make a tree, can you give me ideas of how to do it, what i need. thank you very much.

7 replies
staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 8

not sure on how to make the tree but you can use Wilton tip #233 or #234 for the grass

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 11:52pm
post #3 of 8

The 'grass' tip is #233. There is a much bigger one to cover large areas but I'm not sure if it's 234.

As for making trees - one way is to use an ice cream cone upside down. Of course you want the 'sugar/waffle cone'. It can be covered w/tip 16 OR 65 thru 70 OR 233 icon_smile.gif Start at the bottom and work up overlapping each row as you move up.

faby33 Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 1:07am
post #4 of 8

thank you very much stacyboots and kakeladi. oh about the tree making it with a cone would look more like a pine right? because i am looking to make it look as a regular tree. how can i do it?

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 1:49am
post #5 of 8

are you making the tree out of royal icing or fondant?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 2:15am
post #6 of 8

For a more 'regualr tree' use fondant or gumpaste.
Colorflow also could work but it would not be 3-d (just one sided).

specialtdesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
specialtdesserts Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 2:32am
post #7 of 8

You could use a wafer cone (Not a waffle cone like for pine cones)

Stick a skewer through the bottom of the cone and into the cake. Fill the cone with cake scraps and/or frosting to the top so it has a rounded tree shape. Pipe the stem of the cone with brown icing for the trunk and the outside of the top with a small leaf tip. Does that make sense?

faby33 Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 1:00pm
post #8 of 8

thank you . sure it makes sense . actually when kakeladi said ice cream cone the first thing it came to my mind was the other type of cone that looks more to a pine if used upside down but now that that you have mentioned the other type of cone, sure ,that it is the one i want to use which of course will look more to a regular tree. thank you for the idea how to to make the top part too because i never thought of that. thank you all of you who have answered and helped.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%