Idea's Pleaseeeeeee!!! :)

Decorating By Chippi Updated 27 Oct 2008 , 3:04am by Chippi

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 6:53pm
post #1 of 11

We were just invited to my husbands house on Saturday for a Football party that is going to last pretty much all day! I thought this would be a great opportunity to do something creative so I can drum up some business. I thought of doing just a sheet cake with a football on it but I want something unique or maybe even some kind of themed cupcakes that will be easy to grab and eat? I need some ideas from all you bright minds out there! Will have to do them tomorrow! Thanks CC members!

Chippi! thumbs_up.gif

10 replies
mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 6:54pm
post #2 of 11

your husbands house?

Chippi Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 7:00pm
post #3 of 11

LOL scratch thattttttttt! My husbands bosses house! hahahaha. I was so excited when talking about it I left out his boss!

mouse13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mouse13 Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 7:30pm
post #4 of 11

You could make a football feild and have a helmet at each end with each teams logo. do FBCT.

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 8:28pm
post #5 of 11

A fellow caker recently made a really cool team cake. She made a sheet cake, which she iced in green and decorated it to resemble a football field. (You could use a grass tip and simply pipe green turf on the top of the cake). Then she made a fondant jersey and draped it across the cake. She cut the numbers and other appliques out of fondant and outlined them with a stitch tool and applied them to the jersey. I think she used a non-skid mesh liner to create the fabric texture.

I don't have a picture of it but you could try Googling "jersey cake" to see some examples of similar cakes.

Good luck!

CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 11:16pm
post #6 of 11

How about this?
Just an idea.
http://www.decopac.com/detail_11441__2-9.html

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 11:36pm
post #7 of 11

K, this isn't an idea for a design, but something I thought of. I got this idea during graduation season. Making funfetti cake, but buying specific colors of sprinkles to use in the white cake. So for grad, you could use the school's colors.

So what teams are playing? You could use the colors of the team they're rooting for. If it's pretty divided, I would do cupcakes. You could make half for one team and half for the other.

luelue1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luelue1971 Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 11:50pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixinvixen

your husbands house?

That stopped me in my tracks too...

I have a few in my photos if you want to have a look.

Chippi Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 1:43am
post #9 of 11

Thank you all for the great ideas!!! I think I am going to do cupcakes and going to use the ideas you all have suggested. I will take a pic and post when they are done! You all are great!

Chippi

UltimateCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UltimateCakes Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 7:51pm
post #10 of 11

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1271555.html

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1067883.html

I have these cakes saved that someone else made. They are amazing. just do the home team and you'll knock their socks off!

Chippi Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 3:04am
post #11 of 11

Well my husbands boss cancelled the party on Friday evening icon_sad.gif But I will keep all your ideas for later use. I did end up making Halloween cupcakes for a Sunday family get together. I made MMF for the first time and absolutely love it compared to fondant. It turned out great and the idea of mixin most of the powdered sugar in the bowl the marshmallows are melted in sure does keep from making as big as mess. I will make this stuff all the time now. Hope you all had a good weekend!

Chippi icon_smile.gif in the making!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%