Total Newbie Looking For Some Simple Tips For A Fun Cake

Decorating By chanelsmimi Updated 24 Oct 2008 , 5:55pm by Momkiksbutt

chanelsmimi Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 6:37pm
post #1 of 12

For my 4 yr old grand daughter. She is having a Hannah Montana party. So I would like to go that route. I've seen some pretty amazing photos on here. Just not sure where to start. The one cake was a ten inch round with a 1/2 ten inch on top. I think I can handle that part. But where do I get a frozen buttercream transfer of hannah Montana. I can pretty much wing the rest. This really seems like fun.

11 replies
chanelsmimi Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 6:39pm
post #2 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanelsmimi

For my 4 yr old grand daughter. She is having a Hannah Montana party. So I would like to go that route. I've seen some pretty amazing photos on here. Just not sure where to start. The one cake was a ten inch round with a 1/2 ten inch on top. I think I can handle that part. But where do I get a frozen buttercream transfer of hannah Montana. I can pretty much wing the rest. This really seems like fun.

Ps. Any and all ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks !!

mouse13 Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 7:23pm
post #3 of 12

If you go on line and google hannah m you could find I pic of her and then you can print it out and do the FBCT. Maybe look for color book of hannah M. Good luck.

cupcakemkr Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 7:58pm
post #4 of 12

If you do a chocolate plaque (basically the same as buttercream transfer, you use melted choc wafers) you can stand it up because it dries hard.

imakecakes Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 8:16pm
post #5 of 12

For a super simple solution, I have cut out pics from teen magazines, pasted them onto construction paper and covered both sides with contact paper. Then you decorate the cake any way you like and stick Hannah in the middle using sucker sticks.

I don't know if I can attach one of the cakes I did like this but I'll try...

http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t252/Cakes_by_Tammy/?action=view¤t=scan0019.jpg

Have fun!

aztomcat Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 8:39pm
post #6 of 12

Alot of the grocery stores already have the Hanah Montana edible transfers that you can buy. My friend brought in a photo from the internet to be made into a tranfer, but they already had one.

-Tubbs Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 10:13pm
post #7 of 12

Or you can take a picture into the grocery store bakery and ask them to make an edible image which is a photo on a thin icing sheet. You just take it off the backing paper and smooth it onto your buttercream. It doesn't cost much and looks quite impressive (if you preferred, you could use a picture of your granddaughter instead).

I hope you have fun making the cake! Number 1 tip; leave yourself plenty of time. Stress is the destroyer of enjoyment when it comes to caking.

chanelsmimi Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 1:33am
post #8 of 12

Thanks so much for all your ideas. I'm giving it a try. Will share the results. Hopefully its not a disaster. [/code]

chanelsmimi Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 3:09am
post #9 of 12

I'll gladly welcome as many ideas as possible. Most of the stuff you use can be bought at the store. Does any one know of a place to get a deal online or just an online site where you can get most everything ?

-Tubbs Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 3:52am
post #10 of 12

If you just want to have some fun, you'd probably get everything at Michaels or one of the other big craft stores. Don't forget to find a coupon!

imakecakes Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 5:39pm
post #11 of 12

Just a note that if you bring a picture of Hannah Montana into a store and ask for it to be put on edible paper, they may say no. They aren't supposed to reproduce copyrighted photos or pics. I have been lucky to get young girls behind the counter who didn't know or didn't care and they did it for me. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Momkiksbutt Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 5:55pm
post #12 of 12

Az.....your avatar just cracks me up!!!!

That's the cake I know we would all like to give to our most annoying client!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%