Need Help Making A Beer Mug Cake!!!!

Decorating By makandmatsmom Updated 23 Oct 2008 , 6:30pm by cupcakemkr

makandmatsmom Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 5:31pm
post #1 of 2

I need to make a cake for my husbands friend at work and I am thinking this will be perfect. I am not sure of where to start. Do you have to put some kind of supports in between each layer of cake in the mug? I was thinking 3 or 4 cakes. Also do you think there is a certain recipe that would be better for this kind of cake, I have no preference over flavor. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am kind of a newbie, so simple directions please icon_smile.gif

I had also seen one that had 2 6 inch cakes, not a completely 3-D mug, that I would not mind doing if I could get some help with that one.

1 reply
cupcakemkr Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 6:30pm
post #2 of 2

you could do the 2D mug easily enough, that way no doweling or worry about transport. Just take the 6" rounds, cut them in half place them on the board like half moon, 2" flat side on board. tort and fill if you like or just fill between each layer. forst in a beer color use rounded object to make indents into frosting from top of mug to bottom to make it look like the glass. Add frosting bubbles to top 1" of mug for the head with a few dripping down one edge of the mug...

I see thi in my head much clearer than I have written it, I hope you can understand it.

Good luck with your cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%