Spiderwebs Question

Decorating By JaneDee Updated 23 Oct 2008 , 1:43pm by JaneDee

JaneDee Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 1:35pm
post #1 of 3

I was wondering about those spiderwebs on a cake or cupcake that look like circles/rings (around the center) are iced then something is used to pull/drag the icing toward the edges to make it look like a spider web...

I get the concept of HOW to make them but do you have to use a different icing or what would I use for the web if I was putting those on a bc covered cupcake? Thinned BC, RI, or something else?

Thank you!!

2 replies
lilyanddayne Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 1:39pm
post #2 of 3

Any type of icing would work, even piping gel. To make the webs simply make your circles with points and at every point take a knife or toothpick to drag them together. I think colored piping gel would give it a nice contrast to the icing.

JaneDee Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 1:43pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you! That sounds good to use the gel. =)

Quote by @%username% on %date%