Where Can I Get A Non-Tapered Muffin Pan?

Decorating By AmandaPanda Updated 23 Oct 2008 , 4:55pm by LeanneW

AmandaPanda Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 1:28pm
post #1 of 7

I have seen them before but I cannot for the life of me remember WHERE and I can't remember what they are called to search for them but I want those muffin pans that are just a straight cylinder, non tapered they are usually deeper than a standard muffin/cupcake pan and the ones I have seen have the bottom pieces that pop out to make getting the pastry out a little easier. does anyone know what I am talking about and where I can get them?? Thanks!

6 replies
AmandaPanda Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 1:35pm
post #2 of 7

ha figures I would find it after posting this

Chicago Metallic 6 Cup Lift & Serve Molten'n More

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JGRRZQ/?tag=cakecentral-20

that is what I was looking for, but if anyone knows of any others beside this brand please let me know but this is exactly what I was looking for. Now I just need to find a store around me that sells it so I don't have to order it online.

Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 2:27pm
post #3 of 7

I LOVE a good challenge, so I am going to try to find these for you. I found the ones pictures below, but instead of helping you find them at a local store, these are for rent in South Wales! I'll keep looking.

AmandaPanda Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 3:13pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim_in_CajunCountry

I LOVE a good challenge, so I am going to try to find these for you. I found the ones pictures below, but instead of helping you find them at a local store, these are for rent in South Wales! I'll keep looking.

lol yeah south wales won't do me much good icon_smile.gif THANK YOU for helping me out, those are exactly what I was looking for too.

Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 3:23pm
post #5 of 7

Well...I think the chances are slim that you will be able to walk into a store and purchase one of these. Global Sugar Art actually carries them, but they are currently out of stock. Here's a link to the page. They sell for $69.99.

Apparently bakers in the U.S. rely on biscuit cutters to make their mini-cakes. The ones I have seen were made from two 2" sheet cakes with filling in between the layers. Then a deep, round biscuit cutter was used to cut out the cakes.

I will continue to keep my eyes open for other offerings.

Good luck!

AmandaPanda Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 3:51pm
post #6 of 7

ok I think I may have found a super cheap way to solve my problem. I am thinking the same way ppl use tuna cans to bake in I have some canned beans/pineapple, I can use those to bake in I have one of those can openers that you can put the top on to seal it I will try to take the top and bottom off the can put the bottom back on and fill them up, bake them then I can take the bottom back off and push the cake out if needed since they are so tall .... hrmmmm think I may try that before spending a bunch of money on a pan I don't NEED just kinda want lol.

LeanneW Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 4:55pm
post #7 of 7

I bought some cutters, they are 2" or 2.5" high and come in a bunch of sizes from 2" to 4" round. I bought them at a cake supply shop for a couple of dollars each. I bake a sheet cake and then cut out the circles.

there is a little bit of waste but I couldn't afford to buy two or more of those pans. They are on my wish list though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%